Tax$ave Open Enrollment
The State Employees' Tax Savings Program (Tax$ave) Open Enrollment Period runs from October 1 until October 31, 2011. Tax$ave is a benefit program available to full-time State emloyees who are eligible for the State Health Benefits Program (SHBP). Tax$ave can save you tax money by paying health and dental premiums and eligible unreimbursed medical and /or dependent care expenses from before-tax dollars.
Tax$ave changes are effective on January 1, 2012 for all employees.
To change or enroll in Tax$ave plans, see the information on the tax save website at: http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/pensions/taxsave.shtml#news
Re-enrollment is required each year for continued participation in a Tax$ave FSA plan.
Open Enrollment Publications are Only Available Online
See the Tax$ave Newsletter and Open Enrollment Fliers for additional information. Go to: www.state.nj.us/treasury/pensions/
and click the Open Enrollment links under "Special Announcements".
Featured news items in this Tax$ave 2012 Open Enrollment News:
- Enroll in Tax$ave and Keep More of What You Earn
- Save Taxes on Health Care Contribution with the POP
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Eligible Expense and Claim Periods
- Commuter Tax$ave Program
- Medical FSA Maximum Allowance
- My FBMC Card Available with Medical FSAs
- Most Over-the-Counter Drigs and Medications Require a Prescription for FSA Reimbursement
- Direct Deposit Available with FSA Payments
- Pennsylvania State Non-taxability
- Tax$ave, Adult Children, and Civil Union/Domestic Partners
- FSA Has Minimal Impact on Social Security
If you have questions, please feel free to visit the Office of Employee Benefits located in Room 314B in College Hall or call Helen Caruso at ext. 4394.