What: Law Enforcement Technology Internship Opportunity
Compensation: $1200.00 for spring semester
Task: Design and create an open source web application for use in the Law Enforcement Industry which will directly benefit the MSU Police Department
Company seeks to hire 3 interns in total.
This position will work remotely with own computer, for approximately 20 hours per week, utilizing open source utilities, libraries, and other software to create an Alpha release of the application. Following the initial phase, there may be ongoing content development and updates. The position will require you to work with other co-op student(s)/web developer(s), and collaborate with project team members.
Key responsibilities include:
- writing code, centrally managing the source code files
- testing, identifying risks
- delivering components on time, on scope
- communicating with and providing estimates and progress updates to project team members.
- providing documentation, following security standards, and using best-practices procedures in order to comply with law enforcement web policies
The ideal candidate will have experience with and expertise in the following areas:
- experience with Adobe Products a plus
- developing graphical user interface applications in structured high-level languages
- building secure web applications that include, but are not limited to, PhP, MySQL database, Apache web server, RedHat Enterprise Linux, PhP Zend Framework
- administration tools (MySQL Administrator, phpMyAdmin), reporting, designing tools
- utilities that automate testing, compiling, and bug reporting
- server side programming, software architecture,
- other open source utilities and libraries, as needed
- familiarity with software development best practices
- data warehousing/backups
- experience with web design & web services projects a plus- Software design/engineering
- Object Oriented Programming
If interested, please send your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.