The MSU campus will close at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, December 23, 2005 and will re-open on Tuesday, January 3, 2006.
The following conditions and exceptions apply.
- The main information booth, University Police, The Village at Little Falls, and Russ Hall (resident rooms only) will be open and staffed during the entire period.
- All residence halls (except as noted above) will close at 11 a.m. on Friday, December 23, and re-open at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 15.
- >b>The Red Hawk Diner will close at 7:30 p.m. on December 22 and 23, and will be closed on December 24, 25, 31, and on January 1 and 2. On all other days through the winter campus closing, the Red Hawk Diner schedule will be: Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. The Diner will close at 12 midnight on Sunday, January 15 and resume 24-hour operations at 7:30 a.m. on Monday, January 16.
- The last meal served in Blanton and Freeman Dining Halls will be brunch on Friday, December 23 from 7:00 to 11:00 a.m. Blanton and Freeman Dining Halls will open for dinner on Sunday, January 15.
- Hours of operation for all food service locations are posted at each unit and displayed on the Dining Services Web site.
- Sprague Library will be open on Wednesday, December 28 and Thursday, December 29 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Sprague Library computing laboratory will also be open at these times. Access to the Library’s electronic resources and online catalog will be available at all times by means of the Library’s homepage: http://library.montclair.edu.
- Panzer Gymnasium will close on Saturday, December 24 and reopen on Tuesday, January 3 with a limited schedule until the start of the next term. It will be open, however, for scheduled athletic team practices and events.
- The Student Center (including the ID Card Office) will close at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, December 23 and re-open on Tuesday, January 3.
- The Technology Solutions Center will be closed, but staff will monitor and answer voice-mail messages to the computer Help Desk (973-655-7971) with the exception of December 24 after 3:00 p.m. through December 25 and December 31 after 3:00 p.m. through January 1.
- Access will be available to e-mail, Internet, and administrative computer systems (including HRS, FRS, SIS, WESS, Raiser’s Edge, and Blackboard). There will be intermittent (5-10 minutes long) service interruptions on certain IT systems and the network for routine maintenance activities. Any significant problems with systems will be announced on the MSU homepage and by a message on the Technology Solutions Center telephone 973-655-7971.
Access to Campus Buildings
To maintain the security of the campus during the winter closing, employees may have access to their offices only in the unusual circumstance that they must perform a specific job duty during that period or, in the case of faculty, to pursue ongoing research or other faculty responsibilities. The employee or a dean must inform University Police (973-655-5222) as soon as the need to be on campus is known, specifying the purpose, date(s), and time(s) that access is required. Upon arrival, the employee must sign in and out at the University Police building.
The names of students who are engaged in research that requires their presence during the winter closing must be submitted in advance to University Police by a faculty mentor or dean. Such submission will indicate that no safety hazards are posed by the student’s presence in the laboratory and/or office. Upon arrival, the student must sign in and out at the University Police building. Students may also have access to buildings if they are accompanied by a faculty member or administrator who has followed the procedures described above.
Please note that most building temperatures will be lowered to 65-68° to conserve energy.