Montclair State University will be hosting the event "Paterson
Revisited: Forum on the Paterson Great Falls National Historic Park"
Friday June 8th, from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM in the Brantl Lecture Room,
The forum is designed to bring together local scholars to discuss and share information on the Great Falls in Paterson, NJ. The Great Falls was recently named a national historic park (http://www.nps.gov/pagr/index.htm) and a General Management Plan is being created to guide the park. The goal of this forum is to gather knowledge to help provide context to the historical, cultural, and natural resources of the park. Themes to be addressed include:
- Natural, geologic, hydrologic history
- Pre-European history/archaeology
- Industrialization and infrastructures
- The cultural context of Paterson
- Immigration, assimilation and demographic changes
- Labor organization and struggles
For questions, or to submit an essay on one of the themes above, email Dr. Josh Galster (email@example.com).
Forum sponsored by the College of Science and Mathematics
Organizing Committee: Victoria Larson, Neeraj Vedwan, Kevin Olsen, and Josh Galster