Things To Know
About the Google Mail Migration (Students)
Information Technology is migrating all student email accounts to Google Mail. In order to complete this process, email service will be unavailable to students from this Sunday, June 8th 2014 starting at 10pm until Monday at 8am.
As of Monday, June 9th at 8am, students will be able to access Google Mail via the University webmail page or via the Google home page.
There are several important changes to note regarding the migration of your account to MSU Google Mail, so we ask you to please read the following carefully:
- As of Monday, June 9th at 8am, your MSU Google Mail account will completely replace the functionality of your current MSU email (webmail, IMAP, POP) account. There is no account activation or sign up required. Any new messages sent to your <netid>@mail.montclair.edu (or to your <netid>@montclair.edu mail account alias) will be delivered to your MSU Google Mail account. All of your existing mail messages will be transferred to your MSU Google Mail account for you. To log in go to www.gmail.com or watch these instructions
- Access to your current MSU email account will be disabled as part of the migration process. You will no longer be able to access your original MSU email account via webmail.montclair.edu, desktop email clients such as Thunderbird and Outlook, or mobile device clients after the migration is complete.
- (VERY IMPORTANT) Your default "From" address in MSU Google Mail will remain email@example.com. This has been set for you. Do not change this setting in your account settings. Doing so will cause problems with mailing lists that you are subscribed to (both MSU lists and external) and possibly other mail related services.
- If you had setup Mail Filters in MSU Webmail, they will not carry over to your MSU Google Mail account. If you wish to filter your mail in MSU Google Mail, you can create new filters through the MSU Google Mail interface by navigating to the "gear" icon, Settings, Filters. Please reference Google’s documentation on mail filtering: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6579 .
- If you had mail forwarding enabled on your MSU email account, it will be disabled. This includes the "forward only" and "forward and copy" options. If you wish to set mail forwarding for your new MSU Google Mail account, it must be done through the MSU Google Mail settings. Please reference Google’s documentation on mail forwarding: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10957
- If you had entries in your MSU Webmail address book, they will not carry over to MSU Google Mail. Direction for exporting your email from webmail and importing them to Google Mail can be found at http://montclair.njvid.net/showvideo.php?pid=njcore:38608.
- If you had set an Auto-reply/Vacation message in MSU Webmail, it will be disabled.
- If you enabled POP access on your MSU email account, this no longer applies. If you wish to enable POP access for your new MSU Google Mail account, it must be done through the Google web interface. Please reference Google’s documentation on POP: https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/1668960
(Note: POP is an older mail client protocol that removes messages from your server account as they are downloaded to a client application. It is not commonly used anymore.)
- To our knowledge, all of Google's provided mobile mail clients will work with MSU Google Mail. However, please note that Information Technology does not offer support for personal devices. Please see the FAQ below.
- (VERY IMPORTANT) You should no longer use email clients, such as Thunderbird and Outlook, or mobile device clients to send messages over SMTP via smtp.montclair.edu. All messages should be sent via MSU Google Mail services. Basic instructions for configuring email clients to use Google's SMTP services are available via Google Mail's help pages. Please reconfigure any desktop or mobile clients accordingly. Please make sure to select IMAP when trying to confige email clients. https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/1668960?hl=en or Moble Devices: https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/2365098?rd=1
- Please note that Information Technology will no longer be able to accept requests to restore lost (deleted) email messages as they will no longer be stored on University servers. Please contact Google Support for assistance.
Based on feedback from our early adopters, please find some additional FAQs below:
Q. Some of my emails contain confidential material. How will you maintain email privacy?
A. Google maintains Privacy Policies for each of its applications. For a complete list and access to each of these policies, please visit Google's Privacy Center. However, confidential or sensitive information should NEVER be sent through standard (unencrypted) email.
Q: What if I already have a personal Gmail account??
A: You can continue to use your personal Gmail account and this will not affect your MSU account at all. The advantage of the MSU Google Mail (Gmail) account is the 30GB of storage, in an ad-free environment.
Q: Are there training resources available for Google Apps for Education?
A: The Division of Information Technology provides complimentary training on Google Apps for Education for Google Calendar and Google Drive. To register, please visit our Training and Registration page. You can also visit our Google Apps documentation page.
Q. How do I set up my mail on my smartphone?
A. The Division of Information Technology strongly suggests downloading the Google Mail App to your phone. Please follow the instructions found on our Google Apps documentation page for your smartphone type.
Last revision: 2014-06-05