MSU-Guest Setup for MacOS
The MSU-Guest network is intended only for temporary visitors to campus (i.e. attendees of a workshop or event) who do not have an MSU NetID account. The MSU-Guest network is intended to provide convenient access to the Internet for web browsing and other common activities for a period of 24 hours and is an open, non-encrypted network.
The following steps will show you how to connect to MSU-Guest with your Mac OS X device.
- First, select the Network icon, located on the right side of the menu bar, then, click on MSU-Guest.
- Next, select MSU-Guest from the list.
- Open your preferred web browser (such as Safari, Google Chrome, etc.) and navigate to any website. You will automatically be redirected to the Guest Portal page.
- On the Guest Portal page, select the "Don't have an account?" link.
- On the Create Account page, enter the requested information, then select Register.
- On the Account Created page, press either the Email me or Text Me button to choose how to receive your password to join MSU-Guest. After you've made your select, press Sign On.
- Back at the MSU-Guest portal page, sign in by entering the email you provided in the username field. Check your cell phone for a text message or email containing your password. Enter your password, then press Sign On.
- Read through the Acceptable Use Policy on the next page, then press Accept to join MSU-Guest.