We are excited to announce that the Information Technology Division (ITD) is beginning the process of migrating Windows XP users to Windows 7. Microsoft’s newest operating system offers a better user experience than any previous operating system.
New Features Include:
- You can manage open windows easier by viewing them side by side and “snapping” them to the edges of your screen.
- Pinning is another feature that allows you to control where your programs appear on the taskbar. Drag the icon where you want on the taskbar and it will stay there until you move it. You can also pin program icons, specific documents and web sites to Jump Lists on your taskbar.
- Jump Lists are lists of recently opened items, such as files, folders, and websites organized by the program that you use to open them.
- Better presentation tools, making it easier to connect your laptop to a projector!
- Windows Flip 3D allows you to display your running programs like a deck of cards for easier viewing.
- New tools are included in Windows 7 (Math Input Tool, Snippit, Sticky Notes, and gadgets)
- Redesigned Windows start menu that makes finding things on your computer faster and easier!
We will begin shortly scheduling the deployment of the new operating to various departments. All computers migrated must meet Microsoft’s minimum hardware requirements. During the scheduling process you will be notified if your computer does not meet these requirements.