Sharp Multi-Functional Devices
Sharp Support @ Montclair State University
As of July 1, 2013, Montclair State University has entered into a contract for the leasing of 95 Multi-functional Devices (MFD). As of December 5, 2013, all Canon devices under our old contract will be removed and replaced with a specific Sharp multi-functional device.
In order to access your Sharp device, you must either present your MSU ID Card or enter your NetID on the keyboard. Logging in identifies you to PaperCut which monitors printing metrics and places them into the correct department account.
Business Hours Support (8am-5pm)
- For technical support of your copier, please contact extension 4329 and select Option 4 to reach the Sharp Help Desk. You can also reach out to them by emailing SBSNJSUPPORT@SharpUSA.com.
- For software support, login issues and printer installations, please contact the IT Service Desk at extension 7971 and select Option 1 or your local technology support team.
- When calling, please reference the Sharp Device ID number that will be located on the front of the device. ex. J0001
- If a tech cannot walk you through the issue over the phone, someone will come onsite to resolve the problem. As per our contract with the State of New Jersey, Sharp will provide onsite tech support within 4 hour business hours, Monday-Friday.
After Hours Support
- Our Sharp contract does not provide support after 5pm.
- If you are experiencing issues logging into the device, please contact the IT Service Desk at extension x7971, option 1 otherwise all technical issues will need to be called or emailed to Sharp. The IT Service Desk is open until 9pm, Monday-Friday and 8am-5pm on Saturday during the Fall and Spring semester.
Accessing the Multi-functional Device (MFD)
- Devices are assigned to specific departments and each department gains access by their HR group.
- If you need to gain access for someone outsde of your HR Group, your custodian will need to add them in. For a listing of custodians, please contact the IT Service Desk at extension x7971, option 1.
Sharp FAQs Guide
Sharp User Guide
Installing a Sharp Device as printer *(All Sharp Devices end in S1 or S2)
Sharp ID Re-Association
Drive Image Documentation
Leasing a Sharp Multi-Functional Device (MFD)
Moving a Sharp Multi-Functional Device (MFD)