Submit a Proposal
ORSP Proposal Submission Policy (Revised June, 2013)
Applicants are strongly encouraged to notify ORSP as soon as they are reasonably certain that they will be submitting a proposal to an external sponsor.
Proposals to external sponsors through ORSP are required to meet the below internal proposal deadlines and should be in complete, or final format and accompanied by a MSU Proposal Routing Form.
- Single Institution Submission (MSU only) – a minimum of three (3) business days advance notice are required for review, approval, and submission of completed applications.
- Multi-Institution Submission (MSU and one or more domestic collaborators)— a minimum of seven (7) business days advance notice are required for review, approval and submission of completed applications.
- International Collaborations (MSU and one or more international collaborators)— a minimum of ten (10) business days advance notice are required for review, approval and submission of completed applications.
To view the entire proposal submission policy, to include ORSP’s suggested advance notice guidelines, please visit: http://www.montclair.edu/media/montclairedu/orsp/ORSP-Revised-Deadline-Policy-June-2013.pdf
Frequently Applied to Federal Funding Agencies
Click on the funding agency's logo for proposal preparation instructions, processes, procedures, templates, and samples.
ORSP's Budget Guidelines provide information on stipends, salaries, benefits, and indirect costs.
These templates for budgets and budget justifications can be used for proposal development:
- Budget Template without Matching Funds spreadsheet
- Budget Template with Matching Funds spreadsheet
- Budget Justification without Matching Funds
- Budget Justification with Matching Funds
The following sources include MSU descriptions and Fall 2015 statistics that can be used in developing a proposal.
|CART||CART Narrative, School of Communication & Media, School of Music, Theatre & Dance|
|CEHS||CEHS Narrative, Family & Child Studies, Health & Nutrition Sciences, Secondary & Special Education|
Proposal Development Resources
- Proposal Writing Short Course, The Foundation Center
- How to Prepare a Winning Government-Funded Proposal by Karen M. Marking