National Institutes of Health (NIH)
The National Institutes of Health require electronic submission of proposals. ORSP formats and submits proposals to NIH using Cayuse 424. If this is your first time submitting to NIH, please complete the eRA Commons Registration Form and send it to Sam Wolverton at email@example.com.
Modified NIH Biosketch FormatModified NIH Biosketch Format
A new verison of NIH's SF424 (R&R)Application Guide is available for proposals with due dates on and between January 25, 2016 and May 24, 2016. A notice containing a list of all significant changes is available from the NIH.
ORSP hosted a brown bag session on January 28, 2016 to discuss the changes--click here for details.
NIH has changed their application requirements and review language to enhance reproducibility of research findings through increased scientific rigor and transparency. For more information, visit their Rigor and Reproducibility page.
They also have produced an excellent, 33-minute training module on this topic.to describe how their background and expertise relates to their proposed project. - See more at: http://nexus.od.nih.gov/all/2014/11/26/implementing-the-modified-nih-biosketch-format/?utm_source=nexus&utm_medium=email&utm_content=nihupdate&utm_campaign=nov14#sthash.Ot788yC4.dpuf
- Planning Your Application
- Resource Page for NIH Grant Applicants by Patty Mabry
- Q&A with Dr. Keith Crutcher, former NIH Scientific Research Officer
- Types of Grant Programs
- Standard Due Dates for Competing Applications
- Table of Page Limits
- NIH Grant Application Guide
- NIH Proposal Components UPDATED 1/25/2016
- Developing an NIH Budget
- New and Early Stage Investigator Policies
- NIH FAQ's
Processes and Procedures
- Grants Process Overview
- Peer Review Process
- NIH Center for Scientific Review
- Tracking Your Application
Templates and Samples
- NIH Biosketch Form & Sample
- SciENcv- online tool to create biosketches
- R01 Full Application (Colin Parrish, Ph.D., Cornell University, courtesy of NIAID)
- Academic Research Enhancement Award (AREA) (R15)