National Science Foundation (NSF)
The National Science Foundation requires electronic submission of proposals. The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs will submit proposals to NSF using FastLane. If this is your first time submitting to NSF, please complete the NSF Registration Form and email it to Sam Wolverton.
New versions of NSF's Grant Proposals Guide and Award and Administration Guide are available for submissions due on or after December 26, 2014. Click here for a list of significant changes from the implementation of the Uniform Guidance.
- Grant Proposal Guide (until December 25, 2014)
- Writing a Successful Proposal to NSF
- Major Research Instrumentation (MRI) Webcast: Program Summary and 2013 Competition Overview
- NSF Proposal Preparation Quick Reference
Processes and Procedures
- Guidance: Addressing Human Subject Cash Incentives with NSF
- Merit Review
- Proposal Review and Processing
- Proposal Review FAQs
- Non-Award Decisions and Transactions
- Award Processing
- Serve As An NSF Reviewer
Templates and Samples
Below are various templates and samples for sections of an NSF proposal.
- Biographical Sketch Template
- Data Management Plan Template
- Facilities, Equipment and Other Resources
- Current and Pending
- Research at Undergraduate Institutions (RUI) Impact Statements
- Postdoctoral Research Mentoring Plan Template