National Science Foundation (NSF)
The new version of NSF's Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG) is available for submissions due on or after January 30, 2017. Click here for a list of significant changes.
Effective September 26, 2016, FastLane will now check to ensure that the combined text of the Project Summary text boxes (or uploaded PDF if the Project Summary contains special characters) does not exceed one page prior to submission, rather than the current check of 4,600 characters.
- Grant Proposal Guide
- NSF Proposal Preparation Quick Reference UPDATED 4/20/2017
- Definitions of Basic, Applied and Developmental Research
- Writing a Successful Proposal to NSF
- Major Research Instrumentation (MRI) 2014 QEM Network Workshop
- Submission of a collaborative proposal from multiple organizations NEW
- NSF CAREER Program Webinar presentation slides - May 26, 2015
Processes and Procedures
- Guidance: Addressing Human Subject Cash Incentives with NSF
- Merit Review
- Proposal Review and Processing
- Proposal Review FAQs
- Non-Award Decisions and Transactions
- Award Processing
- Serve As An NSF Reviewer
Templates and Samples
Below are various templates and samples for sections of an NSF proposal.
- Biographical Sketch Template UPDATED 1/25/2016
- Results from Prior NSF Support Samples NEW
- Data Management Plan Guidelines NEW
- Facilities, Equipment and Other Resources
- Current and Pending Template
- Collaborators and Other Affiliations Template - Effective April 24th 2017, NSF will require the use of this spreadsheet template for identifying COA information. Please read NSF's announcement for further information.
- Letter of Collaboration Template NEW
- Research at Undergraduate Institutions (RUI) Impact Statements
- Postdoctoral Research Mentoring Plan Template