Directions and Parking
Hosted by Montclair State University's College of Science and Mathematics, School of Business, Center for Career Services & Cooperative Education and the HealthCare Institute of New Jersey
April 3, 2012
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
University Hall Conference Center
(Walking directions from Red Hawk Parking Deck to University Hall.)
Montclair State University
1 Normal Avenue
Montclair, New Jersey, 07043
Montclair State University is located at 1 Normal Avenue, Montclair, NJ, USA 07043, one mile south of the junction of Routes 3 and 46. We are located 14 miles from New York City. Nearest towns include Montclair, Clifton, and Little Falls.
The Google Map pin-points our location and also can provide driving directions from your location. Please note, when using online (such as Google Maps) or GPS mapping systems, use 30 Normal Avenue, Montclair, (directly across from our main entrance) as your destination.
After entering the University's main entrance on Normal Avenue, proceed to the Red Hawk Parking Deck. Exit the Red Hawk Deck on Level 5 and follow the walkway to University Hall.
Directions to Campus by Car
- Route 46 (East): Approaching Rte. 3 intersection stay to the right. Take exit for Valley Road Montclair/Paterson. At Stop sign (bottom of exit ramp) make a right turn onto Valley Road heading south. Travel on Valley Road to first traffic light (1mile). Make a right turn at light onto Normal Avenue. The main entrance to the campus is on the right.
- Route 46 (West): Take exit for Valley Road Montclair/Paterson. Stay to the right. At Stop sign turn right and move to the left lane to make an immediate left into a U-Turn section. Follow the U-Turn section's signs to Montclair. At the U-Turn's Stop sign make a right turn onto Valley Road heading south. Travel on Valley Road to first traffic light (1mile). Make a right turn at light onto Normal Avenue. The main entrance to the campus is on the right.
- Route 3 (West): At the Route 46 junction, bear left to merge onto Route 46 west. Upon merging, stay in the right lane. Take the first exit - Valley Road/Montclair. Travelling the exit, stay to your right to turn onto Valley Road south. Travel on Valley Road to first traffic light (1mile). Make a right turn at light onto Normal Avenue. The main entrance to the campus is on the right.
- Garden State Parkway North: Exit 153B (left lane) to Route 3 West (follow above directions for Route 3 West.)
- Garden State Parkway South: Exit 154 to Route 46 West. Follow directions for Route 46 West.
- New Jersey Turnpike: Exit 16W to Route 3 west. Follow direction for Route 3 West. (NOTE: Motorists traveling on the Turnpike south of Exit 11 may exit there to Garden State Parkway North to Route 3 west. Then Follow Route 3 West directions.)
- Lincoln Tunnel: Follow to Route 3 West. Follow directions for Route 3 West.
- George Washington Bridge: Route 80 West to Garden State Parkway south. Follow Garden State Parkway South directions.
How to get to Campus Using NJ Transit Train Service
The Montclair State University campus is located right next to two train stations. The Montclair Heights train station, located at the south end of campus, is just a few steps away from the main body of the campus. The Montclair State University train station, located at the northwest end of campus, has a campus shuttle service to the main campus area. The Montclair-Boonton line does make stops at both stations.
For a listing of available train service from your location to the Montclair train stations go to:
NJTransit's Train Station (Station to Station) Web service or Montclair-Boonton (MidTown Direct) Line Schedule.
Useful Phone Numbers
- Raquel Peterson
Montclair State College of Science and Mathematics: 973-655-5108
- Susan Brunda
Montclair State College of Science and Mathematics: 973-655-5352