- Bloxham, S., & Boyd, P. (2007). Developing effective assessment in higher education: a practical guide [electronic version]. Retrieved from http://www.scribd.com/doc/53026895/Bloxham-and-Boyd-electronic-version-of-developing-effective-assessment-in-higher-ed#page=11
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education. (2007). The publication Assessing Student Learning and Institutional Effectiveness: Understanding (2nd edition). Philadelphia, PA: Author. http://msche.org/publications/SLA_Book_0808080728085320.pdf
- Taylor, J. A. (2008). Assessment in first year university: A model to manage transition, Journal of University Teaching & Learning Practice, 5(1), 20-33. Retrieved from http://ro.uow.edu.au/jutlp/vol5/iss1/3/
- Banta, T. W. (2002). Characteristics of effective outcomes assessment: Foundations and examples. In T. W. Banta & Associates, Building a scholarship of assessment. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Banta, T.W., Jones, E.A., & Black, K.E. (2009). Designing effective assessment: principles and profiles of good practice. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Driscoll, A., & Cordero de Noriega, D. (2006). Taking ownership of accreditation: Assessment processes that promote institutional improvement and faculty engagement. Sterling, VA: Stylus.
- Middaugh, M. (2010). Planning and assessment in higher education: demonstrating institutional effectiveness. San-Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Suskie, L. (2009). Assessing Student learning: a common sense guide(2nd Ed.). San-Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Suskie, L. (2006). Accountability and quality improvement. In P. Hernon, R. E. Dugan, & C. Schwartz (Eds.), Revisiting outcomes assessment in higher education. Westport, CT: Libraries Unlimited.
- Suskie, L. (2004). What are good assessment practices? In assessing student learning: a common sense guide. Bolton, MA: Anker.
- Suskie, L. (2000). Fair assessment practices: Giving students equitable opportunities to demonstrate learning. AAHE Bulletin, 52(9), 7-9.