University Hall, 5th and 6th Floors
Telephone: (973) 655-4040
Helpline: (973) 655-7971
Information Technology provides the communications infrastructure and computing support for all students, faculty and staff.
The Technology Solutions Center
The Technology Solutions Center is comprised of the Helpdesk, Technology Training & Integration and select services which were formerly supplied by Teaching & Learning Resources. The TSC, located on the 5th floor of University Hall, is designed to provide one-stop service for technology support.
Among the services offered by the TSC are:
- Purchase assistance, installation, configuration, support and maintenance and repair of University-owned hardware, computer and general software questions
- Computer laboratory services which support software and hardware installed in all public computing facilities, teaching and learning laboratories and mobile laptop computing laboratories
- A Helpdesk, which is available during all business hours as well as extended hours for basic assistance with common software and to log and communicate requests for computer assistance and services provided by all elements of OIT
Based out of the TSC is the IT Faculty and Staff development program which provides support and training to MSU faculty and staff for integrating technology into instructional programs and departmental activities. The development program includes:
- Technology-related activities, materials and training for MSU faculty and staff
- One-on-one support, project advisement, semi-structured workshops and support to campus events
- Support to faculty on how to integrate technology into an instructional program
- Training rooms and an educational technology learning lab located on the 5th floor of University Hall
- Support for web-based course management systems and publishing
- Coordination of OIT staff development
- Communication of OIT projects, announcements and websites
The TSC also provides maintenance for educational equipment such as projection devices, mobile teaching stations and The Distance Learning Room (located in CO-301). These resources are used by faculty and staff to provide information and classroom sessions to students on the MSU campus. The Distance Learning Room can participate in 2-way audio and video transmission and can be used as a satellite downlink site. Instruction on how to use educational equipment or The Distance Learning Room is available through the TSC.
Enterprise Application Services (EAS)
EAS maintains and manages the campus systems including the Student Information System. These systems house information pertaining to all students, including grading and finance records. EAS also provides support and service to the groups on campus that use, maintain and generate reports from these systems. EAS can be contacted through the Helpline (ext. 7971).
Enterprise Technology Services
Enterprise Technology Services provides infrastructure services to the campus including the campus network, Internet access from both on and off campus telephone services and systems including campus-wide e-mail. Networking maintains the campus fiber optic system, the internal building wiring and the networking equipment and software.
ETS provides networking connections to students within the residence halls. These connections provide access to the Internet. RESnet can be contacted by the Internet at http://resnet.montclair.edu or through the Helpline (ext. 7971).
ETS provides all telephones to the campus, including the Student Residence Halls. All residents have access to the telephone systems, using individual authorization codes that allow individualized billing for each student. ETS can be contacted through the Helpline (ext. 7971) or at 973-655-4107.