Registration FAQs

What if you are blocked from repeating a course that you have taken one or more time in prior terms?

Per University Academic Policy, undergraduate students are permitted to repeat a course only in which they have received a final grade of D+, D, D- or F. They are not permitted to repeat a course in which they received a C- or higher without special permission. Graduate students are not permitted to repeat courses without special permission. (Certain “repeatable” courses, like a music lessons, independent studies, coops, special topics courses are exceptions).

For permission to repeat a course for which you have earned a C- or higher, see either the Dean’s Office of the College/School of your major or the Dean’s Office of the College/School in which the course is offered. Graduate students must see the Dean’s Office of the Graduate School.

 How are Permits handled?

Permits may be issued by Department Chairpersons. Students who wish to obtain a permit to enter a closed course, or a course in which they have not met the pre-req, co-req or other requirements, may visit the appropriate academic department for assistance. Note that a course in which students have received a permit must be added before the end of the add/drop period for a given term.

How do I find the PINS? (Students with Mandatory advising ONLY)

Students who are required to have mandatory advising will need a Registration PIN to register. While you are meeting with your advisor, you will receive this PIN. Students will be asked to hold on to this PIN, as they will need it for any future drop/adds or withdrawals from classes. Each semester, a new PIN will be issued and needed for registration.