Summer guests are housed in Residence Halls. Montclair State University is home to 22 residence halls, capable of housing 5,200 individuals. Halls range from traditional facilities to suites and apartments.
Important Note: While most of our facilities are ADA compliant, please arrange for accessible housing prior to arrival.
- In traditional residence halls, bedrooms are situated along a hall and share common floor bathroom facilities.
- Most traditional housing is not air-conditioned.
- Traditional halls have recreation rooms and common floor lounges.
- Our traditional hall is Bohn Hall.
- Suite units have a combination of single and double rooms sharing a common bathroom.
- Most suites are air-conditioned.
- Suites house 2-8 people.
- Our suite-style halls are Freeman Hall, Russ Hall, Sinatra Hall, The Heights, and Blanton Hall.
- Apartments have a combination of single and double rooms sharing common bathroom and living space as well as fully-functioning kitchens (microwaves are not included).
- All apartments are air-conditioned.
- Apartments house 4 people.
- Apartments are located on Clove Road and are Hawk Crossings and The Village Apartments.
What to Expect in Your Room When You Arrive
- Each bedroom is equipped with a twin extra-long bed, wardrobe, desk, and chair for each participant assigned to the room.
- Standard linen service is an option for a fee. (Sorry, we don't make beds.) We provide 1 pillow, 1 pillowcase, 1 flat sheet, 1 fitted sheet and 1 bed pad, 1 blanket, and 1 face towel, 1 hand towel, and 1 full body towel (There are free laundry facilities in every residence hall to wash bedding and towels).
- Daily housekeeping service is not provided. (Rooms are cleaned prior to a group's arrival.) Common areas (bathrooms, lounges) in traditional halls are cleaned daily.
Every residence hall has a laundry room with washing machines and dryers available at no charge.
- Each residence hall that has summer guests has a service desk operating from 8 am to 10 pm. At the service desk, our friendly staff help guests:
- Check in and check out.
- Obtain general information about campus.
- Pick up and return room keys/access cards.
- Pick up parking passes.
- Report maintenance and other inconveniences.
- Provide free wireless log in information.
- Phone numbers for each primary service desk can obtained during check-in.