|Enrollment Forms and Fees||5/1||12/1|
|Housing Application Fee||5/1||
|Online Housing Application Available||4/30||
|Online Housing Application Due||6/1||
|Request for Medical Accommodations||5/15||
Is campus housing available for freshmen?
Housing for new first time freshmen enrolling for the Fall semester is guaranteed for those who meet the below criteria space permitting:
- Have been fully accepted to the University
- Submit all enrollment confirmation forms and fees by the semester deadline
- Submit a $300 nonrefundable housing application fee by the semester deadline
- Complete the online housing application no later than the semester deadline
All items are required in order for your housing application to be considered complete. For specific information on enrollment fees please see Accepted Students. Please note that our housing process is done completely online and there is no paper application to complete or submit.
For those who do not meet the above criteria, including students who may be accepted to the University after these dates, housing is not guaranteed. Every effort will be made to accommodate students in this category as space becomes available.
How do I apply?
- Pay the $300.00 Housing Application Fee online through NEST or in person at the Office of Student Accounts (located in College Hall 218). Payment info can be found at www.montclair.edu/student-accounts
- Activate your MSU Netid at www.montclair.edu/NetID (your NetId is your MSU Email account)
- Wait 3-5 Business days for your online application to become generated
- Follow the steps to complete tour Online Application in the Residential Management System (RMS):
- Check Internet Browser Acess - Use Mozilla Firefox (Safari and Google Chrome will not work)
- Turn Off Pop Up Blocker
- Log into RMS at https://rms.montclair.edu using your NetId and password
- On left side of screen click "Residence License and Dining Agreement"
- Complete your Online License Acceptance
- Fill out Room/Plan Preferences
- Fillout Roommate/Matching Criteria
- Be sure to save your information after each step
For more detailed information, please read the Freshmen Preferences Tutorial
Once students are placed in housing, an email will be sent to their MSU email account with their assignment.
Please understand that your housing preferences are requests for where you would like to be placed. We will try our best to accommodate requests, however they are not guaranteed.
Students requesting housing accommodations due to a medical condition, in addition to completing the RMS preferences must submit a Request for Medical Accommodations by the semester deadline.
Spring semester housing is subject to availability. For any student seeking spring housing, we do anticipate bed spaces to be available to meet demand. Our goal is to house every applicant.