Past Due Internal Payment Plan
Montclair State University offers an interest-free, payment arrangement for students with balances prior to Fall 2016 only. The internal payment plan is not available for the current semesters. We strive to assist students resolve their balances to avoid accounts from being transferred to an outside collection agency.
Payment plans will be canceled after one (1) month of nonpayment and your student account will be forwarded to an outside collection agency. Once an account is placed in collections or legal action is pursued by the collection agency, the student will be liable for all collection and/or attorney’s fees (20% to 40% of the amount placed in collection).
- Payments are due on the 15th of every month.
- Establishing a payment plan does not constitute release of holds and/or transcripts until the balance is satisfied in full.
- It is your responsibility to complete the Payment Plan Form in its entirety and remit with your first payment. If payment is not received, the payment plan will be considered invalid.
- Length of payment plans is listed below based on your balance.
- Monthly statements will not be mailed. The applicant must keep a copy of their payment plan for their personal record.
- A personal check returned by the bank will be charged back to your student account in addition, a $60.00 returned check fee will be assessed. Further, a hold will be placed on your account prohibiting access to many of Montclair State University services until the balance is resolved.
- Make all checks/money orders payable to Montclair State University and ensure that your student ID number is clearly written on the check.
Remit your check/money order to:
Montclair State University
College Hall, Room 220
Attn: Lynn Wells
Montclair, New Jersey 07043
To enroll in the Past Due Internal Payment Plan, please contact Lynn Wells at 973-655-7593 or Norma Kuruc at 973-655-4132.
-If payment is made in person or on NEST, please contact the Collection’s Department to inform of remittance of payment.
|Account Balance||Length of Payment Plan||Due Date|
|$500.00 - $1,000.00||6 months no interest / late fee||15th of every month|
|$1,001.00 - $5,000.00||12 months no interest / late fee||15th of every month|
|$5,000.00 +||18 months no interest / late fee||15th of every month|