Health insurance is mandatory for all full-time undergraduate and graduate students as defined by the University (12 or more credits for Undergraduate, 9 or more credits for Graduate); however, if you already have health insurance coverage either through your parents, spouse or self employment, you can opt to waive the Health Insurance Fee by completing the Health Insurance Waiver form. Health insurance is required both to protect against unexpected high medical costs and provide access to quality care.
Part-time students who wish insurance coverage and student dependents may also enroll in the Health Insurance Plan. Details regarding the United Healthcare plan can be found at www.firststudent.com or contact United Healthcare directly at 1-800-505-4160.
Policy rates for 2012-2013 are:
8/15/12 - 8/14/13
1/01/12 - 8/14/13
|Full-time Undergraduate student||
|Full-time Graduate student||
|Part-time students - All||
All full time students are required to provide proof of coverage or to accept the health plan. You must waive or enroll in the school-sponsored insurance plan each academic year. If after completing the waiver, your information changes you will need to resubmit the updates via fax 973-655-4421 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not be able to complete another waiver.
You may waive coverage under this plan if you have health insurance that meets all of the University plan requirements and is approved by the University. You will need to provide information about your coverage in the waiver section.
Important: If you do not enroll for or waive coverage by the designated deadline, you will be automatically enrolled in the school-sponsored plan and charged the applicable premium.
- All enrollment or waiver selection must be completed by the deadlines listed below.
- Students who do not respond by the deadline will be automatically enrolled in the plan and will be responsible for the annual premium.
- The University reserves the right to make the final determination regarding eligibility for the initial and continued enrollment in this insurance plan.
- The University reserves the right to audit all waivers in order to ensure compliance with the University insurance requirements. Please be sure to have a copy of your insurance policy as you may be asked to provide this documentation.
Fall 2012 - 9/28/2012
Spring 2013 - 1/30/2013 * Deadline extended to 2/22/2013
In Order to Complete the Waiver Card Below, You Will Need the Following:
- Your current health insurance plan ID card.
- Your health insurance brochure or plan description.
In order to complete the Waiver process, please go to www.firststudent.com and follow the instructions as indicated OR click
to complete the waiver.
- Once the process is complete, do not forget to print out a receipt for your records.
The Health Insurance Fee will be removed from your account after the add/drop period as stated in the Schedule of Courses Book as long as you have an approved waiver on file. However, you may deduct the Health Insurance Fee when remitting a payment.
TO ENROLL IN THE SCHOOL SPONSORED INSURANCE:
If you want to enroll in the insurance plan but need coverage prior to the start of classes, please send an email to email@example.com. A Student Accounts representative will add your name to the First Student web site. A response will be sent back to you, at that time please go to www.firststudent.com; select Montclair State University from the drop down menu; then follow the instructions under the heading Student Tools select Enroll now; then follow HARD WAIVER STUDENT ENROLLMENT INSTRUCTIONS. You will be able to print a temporary ID card within 24 hours. If you need insurance but do not need to enroll before the start of the semester (September 7th) you will be automatically enrolled and an insurance card will be mailed to the address on file by the end of October for the fall and the end of March for the spring term.