Mandatory Student Fees
Explanation of Mandatory Student Fees
Please note that manadatory student fees apply to all registered classes taken on campus, off campus and online.
- Student Services Fee;
- Transcript Fee: Supports student requests for normal processing of transcripts; same day transcripts are still available for a $15 cost. The transcript form is located on the Registrar’s web page at: www.montclair.edu/Registrar.
- Athletic Fee: Supports the Montclair State University athletic program, admission into sporting events and facilities. (This fee is not charged to Graduates)
- University Health Fee: Supports the education programs and services provided by University health and counseling related areas and also includes Emergency Medical Services and Wellness Education. (This fee does not purchase health insurance.)
- Performing Arts Fee: Supports the Performing Arts programs and performances available to Montclair State students.(This fee is not charged to Graduates)
- Transportation Fee: Supports the campus shuttle bus service.
- Student Newspaper Fee: "The Montclarion" is funded by the student newspaper fee and by revenue generated from advertising.
- Facilities Fee;
- Recreation Center Fee: Supports the construction, operation, staffing and programming of that facility.
- General Service Fee: Supports University programming and a range of other student services.
- Student Union Building Fee: Supports the programs, operations and maintenance of the Student Center.
- Campus Card Fee: Supports the University wide technology infrastructure used to issue the University ID card and manage the related facility and financial card access services.
- Facilities Fee: Funds the construction and maintenance of various facilities.
- Telecommunications Fee: Supports the University's emergency alert notification system.
- Energy Infrastructure Fee: Supports the construction and operation of a new cogeneration, boiler, and chilling plant.
- Student Government Association Fee: Funds collected from this fee go directly to the Student Government Association treasury.
- Computer Technology Fee: Supports the computing infrastructure throughout the University including maintaining and updating the labs, student computer accounts (e-mail, Blackboard, Red Hawk Card) and internet/networking connections.