Peer Leadership Program
Peer Advisor Program (Fall and Spring)
Peer Advisors (PA) are a dynamic team of undergraduate students who provide low-level advisement in the Center for Advising and Student Transitions (CAST). Peer Advisors are available to assist you with choosing an academic major or minor, selecting courses for the fall and spring semesters, responding to your email and telephone questions, and explaining how to complete various advising related forms. The Peer AdvisorProgram is an extension of the existing Peer Leadership program.
Our office is now hiring Peer Leaders for Summer 2016 and Peer Advisors for the 2016/2017 Academic Year
- Peer Advisors (Fall/Spring only) – Must attend 2 day training in May 17 & 18 2016.Must be available to work in the Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 semester.
First and foremost we would like to thank you for your interest in the 2015-2016 Peer Leadership Selection Process!
The online application is just one part of the application process. You must also submit your references. All application materials are due on specific due dates so please read carefully!
- Peer Leader position application and references are due no later than December 11, 2015.
- Peer Advisor position application and references are due no later than March 19, 2016.
- If you wish to apply for both you must submit separate applications but you can use the same references.
Two letters of recommendation must be submitted for both positions (you can use the same if applying for both)
- ONE MUST BE from a Montclair State University faculty and/or staff member. Student references (both undergraduate and graduate level) will NOT be accepted.
- ONE from an individual that is not a relative or friend (employment, church, high school advisor, etc.). A second MSU Faculty or Staff member can complete the second form.
The application for both positions must be submitted via the links below. References must be submitted by hard copy to the Center for Advising & Student Transitions in Webster Hall Room 200A.
Qualified Peer Leader applicants will be invited to attend a Group Interview Process on Wednesday January 27, 2016 between 2:30pm-5:00pm.
Applicants who successfully make it past the group interview process will be invited to attend an individual interview the week of February 1 – February 12, 2016.
- Decision letters will be emailed no later than Tuesday, February 16, 2016.
- Spring training begins Wednesday, February 24, 2016 – April 20, 2016.
Qualified Peer Advisor applicants will be invited to attend an individual interview during the week of March 23 - April 1, 2016.
Applicants who successfully make it past the individual interview process will be invited to attend a group interview on Friday April 8th between 2-4pm.
- Decision letters will be emailed no later than Monday, April 15, 2016.
- Training will take place on Monday May 17, 2016 and Tuesday May 18, 2016. Please plan according
Apply to be a 2016-2017 Peer Advisor
Peer Advisor Application (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9SQVZVY)
Antonio is a sophomore majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Business Analytics. He is a commuter who cannot go a day without eating chicken. If you ever need help academically, socially, or you just want to talk about the New England Patriots, book a meeting at ivanovskia1.youcanbook.me
Soha is a sophomore majoring in Business Administration. Soha is originally from Fort Lee, NJ where the famous George Washington Bridge resides. She currently commutes but lived in Bohn Hall during her freshman year. Soha is the treasurer of the MSU WishMakers club on campus. She loves her role as a Peer Advisor and became one because she is passionate about helping her peers in making the best decisions regarding their future. Helping students makes Soha super happy, especially when they can see the clear path to success. She does not want any student to waste their time regarding classes and their future...time is money and there's nothing worse than wasted time! Meet Soha and make an appointment at rahimis1.youcanbook.me
Melanie is a senior here at MSU, majoring in Television and Digital Media with a Psychology minor. She grew up in Butler, NJ but is currently an RA in Dinallo Heights and a member of the SGA Cabinet. Fun fact about Melanie is that she LOVES yoga and can even do a headstand! She loves being a Peer Advisor to help students explore different majors and programs they may have never thought of. Feel free to meet with Melanie here: oshea5.youcanbook.me
Meet Yuribel Alejo, am a Junior Peer Advisor with a Public Relations Major and a Business Minor. Yuribel is from Union City, NJ but currently lives on campus. Throughout her time here at Montclair State University she has held many leadership positions including being a Peer Leader for the past two summers, working as a Guest Relations attendant at the Campus Recreating and was an admissions Ambassador.