CAST provides support services for Montclair State faculty and administrators who provide academic advising to students. Among the resources CAST offers are:
- how to read the "Analysis of Academic Progress" document (the audit)
- a liaison program that interfaces CAST advisors to MSU colleges, schools, and faculty
- a training, introductory and advanced, on technologies that support advising, including SIS and other online resources
- a bi-monthly workshop in which current developments in the field of advising are presented for discussion and consideration
- STAMP, an early-warning system to identify students who may soon be in academic distress
- a faculty/staff committee to review applications from students who wish to appeal a suspension or dismissal
If you provide academic advising to students or if you'd like information about academic advising at Montclair State, don't hesitate to Contact Us.