What is STAMP?
STAMP - the Student Academic Success Program - helps students to know how their coursework has been assessed at semester midpoint. With this knowledge, STAMP students work with academic advisors to improve academic performance.
Does STAMP actually help students to succeed?
Absolutely, for sure. Over a period of years, many students have said STAMP was a valuable and helpful complement to their academic studies.
How does STAMP work?
Faculty fill out a midterm report on the academic progress of STAMP students. The report automatically goes to to students and, in addition, to a select group of professional academic advisors who follow up with outreach.
Does STAMP respect the confidentiality of faculty and students?
Yes. Absolutely. Confidentiality is an essential, fundamental priority.
Where can I obtain a list of the STAMP students on whom I will report?
The list of students on whom you'll report as well as report forms are on an MSU web site. Access to the site requires a Montclair State NetID.
For on-campus access, visit:
For off-campus access, go to
I've logged into the STAMP website. Why don't I see a list of students?
If you log on and but don't see a student list, then there are no STAMP students on whom you should report.
I'd like to report on a student who is in academic distress. How should I do this?
Please contact Sabrina Mathues (Academic Success Coordinator).
I've logged into the STAMP site. What do I do next?
- After login, you'll see the list of students in your courses who are in STAMP - that is if you have students in your courses who are in STAMP.
- For each student click to the right side of the table on the 'Create' link. This will take you to a report page for one student.
- Enter information about the students' classroom performance. Click at the bottom of the page on 'Save.' This will return you to your list of STAMP students.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for other STAMP students.
- On the left-hand side of the table (your list of STAMP students), select checkboxes that correspond to students on whom you are reporting.
- Click at the bottom of the page on the 'Submit' button. Your STAMP reports with the appropriate information goes automatically via individual email to students and collectively via a database to professional academic advisors.
I filled out STAMP reports for students listed as such in my courses. But I know for a fact that none of the students or their advisors have received STAMP notifications. Why not and what next?
Did you follow the last two steps above?
- On the left-hand side of the table (your list of STAMP students), select checkboxes which correspond to the students on whom you are reporting.
- Click on the bottom of the page on the 'Submit' button. Your STAMP reports with all appropriate data goes automatically to the students and their advisors.
These steps guarantee your reports are submitted to students and their advisors.
Can I submit paper STAMP reports?
The STAMP web site doesn't recognize my NetID? What next?
The OIT-recommended solution is: reset the password associated with your NetID.
I have more questions about STAMP that this FAQ doesn't address. And I have suggestions about how to improve the STAMP website.
Contact Center for Advising & Student Transitions at 973-755-7114. We'll provide all further assistance and we're extremely interested in your suggestions.