Montclair State Orientation Experience
Congratulations on your acceptance to Montclair State University! We are pleased that you can join our Red Hawk Family and experience it all here. All new students admitted for the Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 semesters are required to attend The Red Hawk 411 (also known as Orientation).
During your Red Hawk 411 program students will:
- Participate in a variety of informative and exciting activities.
- Start to build relationships with peers, staff and faculty members.
- Gather information about life on a college campus, learn about institutional policies and procedures, and explore academic prospects.
- Meet with an advisor to discuss questions/concerns.
- Familiarize yourself with valuable resources on campus to support your journey to successful graduation.
- Learn how to get involved and get connected to your education in and out of the classroom.
- Receive your Montclair State University photo I.D.
Note: Freshman Transfers vs Transfer Students
Students transferring 29 or fewer credit hours are considered Freshman Transfers. These students should attend The Red Hawk 411, NOT a Transfer Student Orientation.
If you are an incoming transfer student with 30 or more credits please visit the Transfer Students web page.
Information Coming to Your Home
If you were admitted for the Fall 2015 semester and have paid your deposit, information about the Summer Red Hawk 411 will be mailed to you in mid-Spring 2015. Please look out for that information as that time approaches.
If you have been admitted to Montclair State University for Spring 2015 semester and have paid your deposit, information concerning The Red Hawk 411 experience will be mailed to you in November.