Montclair State Orientation Experience
Congratulations on your acceptance to Montclair State University! We are pleased that you can join our Red Hawk Family and experience it all here. All new students admitted for the Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 semesters are required to attend The Red Hawk 411 also known as orientation.
During this program students will:
- Participate in a variety of informative and exciting activities.
- Start to build relationships with peers, staff and faculty members.
- Gather information about life on a college campus, learn about institutional policies and procedures, and explore academic prospects.
- Meet with an advisor to discuss questions/concerns.
- Familiarize yourself with valuable resources on campus to support your journey to successful graduation.
- Learn how to get involved and get connected to your education in and out of the classroom.
- Receive your Montclair State University photo I.D.
Students transferring 29 or fewer credit hours are considered Freshman Transfers. These students should attend The Red Hawk 411 NOT a Transfer Student Orientation.
If you were admitted for the Fall 2014 semester and have paid your deposit, information about the Summer Red Hawk 411 will be mailed to you in mid-Spring 2014. Please look out for that information as that time approaches.
If you have been admitted to Montclair State University for Spring 2015 semester and have paid your deposit, information concerning The Red Hawk 411 experience will be mailed to you in November.
Below are the dates for The Red Hawk 411 (orientation). You will register for a particular date based on your major/program.
2014 The Red Hawk 411 and Family Orientation
Majors and Make-up Dates
Honors Program, Wednesday, June 18
College of Science and Mathematics
All majors EXCEPT Biology and Marine Biology and Coastal Sciences majors, Tuesday, June 24; Wednesday, June 25
Biology and Marine Biology and Coastal Sciences majors, Thursday, June 19
College of the Arts
School of Art and Design, Tuesday, July 22
School of Communication and Media, Fashion Studies, Wednesday, July 23
Cali School of Music, Theater, Dance, Tuesday, July 29
College of Education and Human Services, Thursday, June 26; Tuesday, July 1
School of Business, Thursday, July 10
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Psychology majors, Tuesday, July 15
All majors EXCEPT Psychology, Wednesday, July 16; Thursday, July 17
Undeclared students, Wednesday, July 2; Tuesday, July 8; Wednesday, July 9; Thursday, July 24; Wednesday, July 30; Thursday, July 31