Register for Red Hawk 411
All new students admitted for the Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 semesters are required to attend The Red Hawk 411. Below are details to prepare you for your Red Hawk 411 experience and how to register.
How do I Prepare for The Red Hawk 411?
Obtain your NetID: Each student is given a NetID which functions as both your e-mail and log-on to many Montclair State University systems. In order to complete numerous other steps of this checklist, you MUST complete this step. Follow instructions at netid.montclair.edu.
- Pay your Admissions Deposit: You will not be able to register for Orientation if you have not paid your admissions deposit.
- Placement Testing: Prior to your enrollment, you must take the Placement Test. If you have not done so, contact the Center for Academic Development and Assessment immediately at (973) 655-4476. You will not be able to register for courses during Summer New Student Orientation without completing your Placement Test.You will not be able to attend 2014 New Student Orientation if you did not take your Placement Test!
- Immunization Information: You will not be allowed to register for classes if you have not submitted your forms prior to your New Student Orientation date.
- International Students: Please refer to the information you received from Global Education. You will have your orientation during the week before classes start, if you have any questions please contact Global Education Center.
Visit the Accepted Student Checklist page for more details on your preparation to attend Montclair State University!
*If you are an incoming transfer student with 30 credits or more please visit the Transfer Students page.
How do I register for The Red Hawk 411?
Please click on the link at the bottom of this page to register for your Red Hawk 411 also known as orientation.
PLEASE REMEMBER: You will have to first login with your MSU NetID and password then use your CWID and PIN to register for orientation. If you have not setup your MSU NetID please visit netid.montclair.edu to set it up.
**PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR MSU NetID DOES NOT REPLACE YOUR CWID**
IMPORTANT BROWSER COMPATIBILITY INFORMATION:
Internet Explorer users:
Upon clicking the link you will need to accept the site's security certificate to proceed to the login page by clicking on the CONTINUE TO WEBSITE link.
Mozilla Firefox users:
Upon clicking the link you will need to ADD EXCEPTION at the prompt and Get Certificate in order for the login page to be displayed. You will also need to disable any pop-up blocker feature you may have.
*If you change your PIN number you will need to WAIT 24hrs to use your newly assigned PIN to register for orientation.
*If you changed your PIN number and it is more than 6 digits long on WESS, the Orientation registration link will ONLY accept the first 6 digits of your new PIN number.
Your Red Hawk 411 Day
Instructions for Students:
- Student check-in begins at 9 a.m. in University Hall at the 7th floor Conference Center, and the program will last until mid-afternoon. Visit the Center for Advising & Student Transitions website at www.montclair.edu/cast/ for more detailed information regarding your orientation.
- Please park in the CarParc Diem garage. Do NOT park in the Red Hawk Parking Deck, as we have collaborated with Parking Services to provide free parking for the day in CarParc Diem ONLY. (http://www.montclair.edu/map/)
- Bring a sweater or sweatshirt as campus buildings can be chilly due to air conditioning.
- Contact the Center for Advising & Student Transitions at (973) 655-7114 or email@example.com if an emergency arises and you are unable to attend The Red Hawk 411.
- The spring session of The Red Hawk 411 is for incoming students only. No guests are permitted with students during the program.
- Bring two forms of identification to take your Montclair Student ID photo. One must be a photo ID.
- Bring your Placement Test Score Report.
- Bring your Foreign Language Placement Test results (if completed).
- If transferring credits from another college, bring a copy of your Analysis of Academic Progress. To do this, log into WESS (hyperlink WESS with https://wfs.montclair.edu/ahomepg.htm) with your CWID number and PIN, click on “Analysis of Academic Progress,” hit “Submit,” and then “Print.” For more information on how to read the Analysis, look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GPAIFo0Sto
- Bring a pen and paper to take notes.
- Bring your laptop to get it registered with Information Technology and use it to register for your classes!
- The Red Hawk 411 is one component of the two-part Montclair State Orientation Experience. The second component is an online module called “How to Be a Red Hawk,” and can be found here: www.montclair/edu/online-orientation/ (We encourage you to complete this before The Red Hawk 411. The deadline to complete is January 19, 2015).
- Prior to your arrival on campus, we HIGHLY recommend reviewing the campus map.
- PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION CAREFULLY AS YOU CAN ONLY REGISTER ONCE.
- YOU DO NOT GET A CONFIRMATION PAGE VIA EMAIL, INSTEAD, YOUR CONFIRMATION PAGE POPS UP AS SOON AS YOU SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION AND IT IS ALSO ACCESSIBLE ANYTIME BY SIGNING BACK ON TO THE REGISTRATION LINK.
Now You Are Ready!
Register now for Spring Red Hawk 411