The Red Hawk 411
We want you to begin making connections to our community and to the resources that will support you on the road to success. This is our number one goal of The Red Hawk 411! We will also teach you important policy to get you through your first month of the semester, and present you with your academic schedule for the fall semester.
The Red Hawk 411 2015 schedule:
- June 23 – Honors Program
- June 30 – College of the Arts: Cali School of Music, Theatre, and Dance majors
- July 1 – College of the Arts: School of Communication and Media, and Art and Design majors
- July 2 – Undeclared students
- July 7 – College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Psychology majors only
- July 8 – College of Humanities and Social Sciences: All majors EXCEPT Psychology
- July 9 – College of Humanities and Social Sciences: All majors EXCEPT Psychology
- July 14 – All School of Business majors
- July 15 – Undeclared students
- July 16 – Undeclared students
- July 21 – College of Science and Mathematics: Biology, Molecular Biology, and Marine Biology & Coastal Sciences majors
– College of the Arts: School of Communication and Media, and Art and Design majors
- July 22 – College of Science and Mathematics: All majors EXCEPT Biology, Molecular Biology, and Marine Biology & Coastal Sciences
- July 23 – All School of Business majors
- July 28 – All College of Education and Human Services majors
- July 29 – Undeclared students
Step 1: Register for The Red Hawk 411
- You must have submitted your Admissions Candidate Reply Form and deposit before registering for The Red Hawk 411.
- You’ll need your netID and password, and your CWID and PIN.
Internet Explorer users: You must accept the site’s security certificate to proceed to the login page. To do so, click “Continue to Website” after clicking the registration link.
Mozilla Firefox Users: You must disable pop-ups, as well as “Add Exception” after clicking the registration link.
More technical difficulties? Click here for answers to some common issues
Step 2: Fill out the Class Schedule Preference Survey
- As we build our first class schedule for you, we know what requirements you’ll need. We want to know your interests so we can build you the best schedule for you!
Step 4: Complete all remaining steps of the Accepted Students Checklist.
- Most important are placement testing, writing sample, and immunizations.
Step 5: Attend The Red Hawk 411!
Questions answered, and connections made, through our portal in HawkSync! Log in with your netID and password, find our Montclair State Orientation Experience portal using the search box, and join for access to updates, communication with peers, and an outlet to answer questions!
On your Red Hawk 411 Day
Instructions for Students:
- Student check-in is from 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. in the Student Center Lobby, and the program will conclude at approximately 5:00 p.m. Visit the Center for Advising & Student Transitions website for more detailed information regarding your orientation.
- Please park in the CarParc Diem garage. DO NOT park in the Red Hawk Parking Deck, as we have collaborated with Parking Services to provide free parking for the day in CarParc Diem ONLY. (http://www.montclair.edu/map/)
- Bring a sweater or sweatshirt as campus buildings can be chilly due to air conditioning.
- Contact the Center for Advising & Student Transitions at (973) 655-7114 or firstname.lastname@example.org if an emergency arises and you are unable to attend The Red Hawk 411.
- If transferring credits from another college, bring a copy of your Analysis of Academic Progress. To do this, log into WESS (hyperlink WESS with https://wfs.montclair.edu/ahomepg.htm) with your CWID number and PIN, click on “Analysis of Academic Progress,” hit “Submit,” and then “Print.” For more information on how to read the Analysis, look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GPAIFo0Sto
- Bring a pen and paper to take notes.
- Bring your laptop to get it registered with Information Technology and use it to register for your classes!
- The Red Hawk 411 is one component of the two-part Montclair State Orientation Experience. The second component is an online module called “How to Be a Red Hawk,” and can be found here: www.montclair/edu/online-orientation/ (We encourage you to complete this before The Red Hawk 411. The deadline to complete is August 28, 2015).
- Prior to your arrival on campus, we HIGHLY recommend reviewing the campus map.
- PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION CAREFULLY AS YOU CAN ONLY REGISTER ONCE.
- You will have to first login with your MSU NetID and password then use your CWID and PIN to register for orientation. If you have not setup your MSU NetID please visit netid.montclair.edu to set it up.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR MSU NetID DOES NOT REPLACE YOUR CWID.
- If you change your PIN number you will need to WAIT 24hrs to use your newly assigned PIN to register for orientation.
- If you changed your PIN number and it is more than 6 digits long on WESS, the Orientation registration link will ONLY accept the first 6 digits of your new PIN number.
- YOU DO NOT GET A CONFIRMATION PAGE VIA EMAIL, INSTEAD, YOUR CONFIRMATION PAGE POPS UP AS SOON AS YOU SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION AND IT IS ALSO ACCESSIBLE ANYTIME BY SIGNING BACK ON TO THE REGISTRATION LINK.
IMPORTANT BROWSER COMPATIBILITY INFORMATION:
Internet Explorer users:
- Upon clicking the link you will need to accept the site's security certificate to proceed to the login page by clicking on the CONTINUE TO WEBSITE link.
Mozilla Firefox users:
- Upon clicking the link you will need to ADD EXCEPTION at the prompt and Get Certificate in order for the login page to be displayed. You will also need to disable any pop-up blocker feature you may have.
Other questions? Please email email@example.com