The Red Hawk 411
We want you to begin making connections to our community and to the resources that will support you on the road to success. This is our number one goal of The Red Hawk 411! We will also teach you important policy to get you through your first month of the semester, and present you with your academic schedule for the fall semester.
"MARK YOUR CALENDARS"
*The Red Hawk 411 Spring 2017 program will be held on January 12, 2016*
Step 1: Register for The Red Hawk 411
- You must have submitted your Admissions Candidate Reply Form and deposit before registering for The Red Hawk 411.
- You’ll need your netID and password, and your CWID and 6-digit date of birth (MMDDYY).
Internet Explorer users: You must accept the site’s security certificate to proceed to the login page. To do so, click “Continue to Website” after clicking the registration link.
Mozilla Firefox Users: You must disable pop-ups, as well as “Add Exception” after clicking the registration link.
More technical difficulties? Click here for answers to some common issues
Step 2: Fill out the Class Schedule Preference Survey
- As we build our first class schedule for you, we know what requirements you’ll need. We want to know your interests so we can build you the best schedule for you!
Step 3: Visit the Statement of Financial Obligation page to do the folllowing:
- Verify your permanent address and emergency contacts.
- Accept the Statement of Financial Obligation.
- Review the Title IV Authorization.
Once you have completed the above tasks, you may return to this page and complete remaining steps.
Step 5: Complete all remaining steps of the Accepted Students Checklist.
- Most important are placement testing and immunizations.
Step 6: Attend The Red Hawk 411!
Questions answered, and connections made, through our portal in HawkSync! Log in with your netID and password, find our Montclair State Orientation Experience portal using the search box, and join for access to updates, communication with peers, and an outlet to answer questions!
On your Red Hawk 411 Day (January 12, 2017)
*Times are subject to change
Instructions for Students:
- Student check-in is 8:30 a.m. in the University Hall 7th floor, and the program will conclude at 1:30 p.m. Visit the Center for Advising & Student Transitions website for more detailed information regarding your orientation.
- Please park in the CarParc Diem garage. DO NOT park in the Red Hawk Parking Deck, as we have collaborated with Parking Services to provide free parking for the day in CarParc Diem ONLY. (http://www.montclair.edu/map/)
- Bring a sweater or sweatshirt as campus buildings can be chilly due to air conditioning.
- Contact the Center for Advising & Student Transitions at (973) 655-7114 or email@example.com if an emergency arises and you are unable to attend The Red Hawk 411.
- Bring a pen and paper to take notes.
- Bring your laptop to get it registered with Information Technology and use it to register for your classes!
- The Red Hawk 411 is one component of the two-part Montclair State Orientation Experience. The second component is an online module called “How to Be a Red Hawk,” and can be found here: www.montclair/edu/online-orientation/.
- Prior to your arrival on campus, we HIGHLY recommend reviewing the campus map.
- PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION CAREFULLY AS YOU CAN ONLY REGISTER ONCE.
- You will have to first login with your MSU NetID and password then use your CWID and 6-digit date of birth (MMDDYY) to register for orientation. If you have not setup your MSU NetID please visit netid.montclair.edu to set it up.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR MSU NetID DOES NOT REPLACE YOUR CWID.
- YOU DO NOT GET A CONFIRMATION PAGE VIA EMAIL, INSTEAD, YOUR CONFIRMATION PAGE POPS UP AS SOON AS YOU SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION AND IT IS ALSO ACCESSIBLE ANYTIME BY SIGNING BACK ON TO THE REGISTRATION LINK.
IMPORTANT BROWSER COMPATIBILITY INFORMATION:
Internet Explorer users:
- Upon clicking the link you will need to accept the site's security certificate to proceed to the login page by clicking on the CONTINUE TO WEBSITE link.
Mozilla Firefox users:
- Upon clicking the link you will need to ADD EXCEPTION at the prompt and Get Certificate in order for the login page to be displayed. You will also need to disable any pop-up blocker feature you may have.
Other questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org