New Student Orientation Registration
Stay tuned for updates on Summer 2014 New Student Orientation!
How do I Prepare for Orientation?
Obtain your NetID: Each student is given a NetID which functions as both your e-mail and log-on to many Montclair State University systems. In order to complete numerous other steps of this checklist, you MUST complete this step. Follow instructions at netid.montclair.edu.
- Pay your Admissions Deposit: You will not be able to register for Orientation if you have not paid your admissions deposit.
- Placement Testing: Prior to your enrollment, you must take the Placement Test. If you have not done so, contact the Center for Academic Development and Assessment immediately at (973) 655-4476. You will not be able to register for courses during Summer New Student Orientation without completing your Placement Test.You will not be able to attend 2012 New Student Orientation if you did not take your Placement Test!
- Immunization Information: You will not be allowed to register for classes if you have not submitted your forms prior to your New Student Orientation date.
- International Students: Please refer to the information you received from Global Education. You will have your orientation during the week before classes start, if you have any questions please contact Global Education Center.
Visit the Accepted Student Checklist page for more details on your preparation to attend Montclair State University!
How do I register for New Student Orientation?
Click on the link below to register for your Spring New Student Orientation.
PLEASE REMEMBER: You will have to first login with your MSU NetID and password then use your CWID and PIN to register for orientation. If you have not setup your MSU NetID please visit netid.montclair.edu to set it up.
**PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR MSU NetID DOES NOT REPLACE YOUR CWID**
IMPORTANT BROWSER COMPATIBILITY INFORMATION:
Internet Explorer users:
Upon clicking the link you will need to accept the site's security certificate to proceed to the login page by clicking on the CONTINUE TO WEBSITE link.
Mozilla Firefox users:
Upon clicking the link you will need to ADD EXCEPTION at the prompt and Get Certificate in order for the login page to be displayed. You will also need to disable any pop-up blocker feature you may have.
*If you change your PIN number you will need to WAIT 24hrs to use your newly assigned PIN to register for Orientation.
*If you changed your PIN number and it is more than 6 digits long on WESS, the Orientation registration link will ONLY accept the first 6 digits of your new PIN number.
Instructions for Students: TBA
Students Remember to:
- Bring two forms of identification to take your Montclair Student ID photo. One must be a photo ID.
- Bring your Placement Test Score Report.
- Bring your Foreign Language Placement Test results (if completed).
- If transferring credits from another college, bring a copy of your Analysis of Academic Progress. To do this, log into WESS with your CWID number and PIN, click on “Analysis of Academic Progress,” hit “Submit,” and then “Print.” For more information on how to read the Analysis, look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GPAIFo0Sto
- Bring a pen and paper to take notes.
- Bring your laptop to get it registered with Information Technology and use it to register for your classes!
- PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION CAREFULLY AS YOU CAN ONLY REGISTER ONCE.
- YOU DO NOT GET A CONFIRMATION PAGE VIA EMAIL, INSTEAD, YOUR CONFIRMATION PAGE POPS UP AS SOON AS YOU SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION AND IT IS ALSO ACCESSIBLE ANYTIME BY SIGNING BACK ON TO THE REGISTRATION LINK.