New Student Orientation Registration
REGISTRATION FOR 2013 NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION IS EXTENDED!
How do I Prepare for Orientation?
Obtain your NetID: Each student is given a NetID which functions as both your e-mail and log-on to many Montclair State University systems. In order to complete numerous other steps of this checklist, you MUST complete this step. Follow instructions at netid.montclair.edu.
- Pay your Admissions Deposit: You will not be able to register for Orientation if you have not paid your admissions deposit.
- Placement Testing: Prior to your enrollment, you must take the Placement Test. If you have not done so, contact the Center for Academic Development and Assessment immediately at (973) 655-4476. You will not be able to register for courses during Summer New Student Orientation without completing your Placement Test.You will not be able to attend 2012 New Student Orientation if you did not take your Placement Test!
- Immunization Information: You will not be allowed to register for classes if you have not submitted your forms prior to your New Student Orientation date.
- International Students: Please refer to the information you received from Global Education. You will have your orientation during the week before classes start, if you have any questions please contact Global Education Center.
Visit the Accepted Freshman Checklist page for more details on your preparation to attend Montclair State University!
Students transferring 29 or fewer credit hours are considered Freshmen Transfers. These students should attend a New Student Orientation NOT a Transfer Student Orientation.
- Freshmen Transfers please bring a copy of previous semester's transcript/s.
- ALL students attending Orientation must bring 2 forms of identification with one being a picture ID.
2013 Summer New Student Orientation Information for Freshman and Freshman Transfers: Your Summer New Student Orientation (NSO) date is determined by your ADMITTED major. These sessions are held in June and July. We strongly recommend that you attend the day that your admitted major is assigned so that you can meet faculty and other students from your major.
*If your major has multiple days, you ONLY need to attend one day.
*Students must attend orientation according to their ACCEPTED major.
**Families can attend any day they choose.
Summer 2013 New Student Orientation Dates:
|Honors Program||June 19th|
|College of the Arts (School of Art & Design)|| July 2nd
August 27, 28
|College of the Arts (School of Communication and Media, Fashion Studies)|| June 27th
August 27, 28
|College of the Arts (Cali School of Music, All Theater & Dance Majors||
|College of Education and Human Services|| July 23rd
August 27, 28
College of Humanities and Social Sciences (Psychology majors only)
| July 16th
August 27, 28
|College of Humanities and Social Sciences (all others)||
July 17th, 18th
|College of Science and Mathematics (Biology & Aquatic & Coastal Science majors only)|| June 26th
August 26, 28
|College of Science and Mathematics (all others)|| July 11th
August 26, 28
|School of Business|| July 24th
August 26, 28
June 25th, 27th, July 9th, 10th, 25th, 30th, 31st
August 26, 27, 28
We have now added August 26, 27 as available dates to attend orientation.
August 28 is the final makeup day for your orientationreserve your seat now!
*Dates with strikethrough means that session is full to capacity*
**Please log into the system to see your available dates**
***Students who have registered prior to June 6th, please REPRINT your confirmation page by logging back onto the registration link (below) as your previous one included an incorrect check-in time***
How do I register for New Student Orientation?
Click on the link at the bottom of this page to register for your Summer New Student Orientation. Please select your date carefully as you can only submit your registration once.
*Parents and/or family members should not be registering the student for Summer New Student Orientation as we encourage all of our First Year Freshman to login in order to get familiar with accessing the University's sites using their MSU NetIDs and CWIDs.
Please note that after you have registered yourself for Summer NSO you will have the option to register any family members attending in the same login page under the Family tab. It is very important that you enter the names of any family members wishing to attend carefully as this is what will appear on their name tags that they receive at check-in. Family members DO NOT have the option to login and register it will be up to you, the student, to register them.
PLEASE REMEMBER: You will have to first login with your MSU NetID and password then use your CWID and PIN to register for orientation. If you have not setup your MSU NetID please visit netid.montclair.edu to set it up.
**PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR MSU NetID DOES NOT REPLACE YOUR CWID**
IMPORTANT BROWSER COMPATIBILITY INFORMATION:
Internet Explorer users:
Upon clicking the link you will need to accept the site's security certificate to proceed to the login page by clicking on the CONTINUE TO WEBSITE link.
Mozilla Firefox users:
Upon clicking the link you will need to ADD EXCEPTION at the prompt and Get Certificate in order for the login page to be displayed. You will also need to disable any pop-up blocker feature you may have.
*If you change your PIN number you will need to WAIT 24hrs to use your newly assigned PIN to register for Orientation.
*If you changed your PIN number and it is more than 6 digits long on WESS, the Orientation registration link will ONLY accept the first 6 digits of your new PIN number.
- PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION CAREFULLY AS YOU CAN ONLY REGISTER ONCE.
- THE DATES YOU SEE ONCE YOU SIGN ON ARE THE ONLY ONES YOU CAN REGISTER FOR AS SPACE IS LIMITED.
- IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MAJOR AND YOU WANT TO REGISTER FOR YOUR NEW MAJOR DATE PLEASE ALLOW A FULL 24HRS BEFORE DOING SO. IF YOU TRY TO REGISTER ON THE SAME DAY AS IT WAS CHANGED YOU WILL SEE YOUR PREVIOUS MAJOR DATE.
- YOU DO NOT GET A CONFIRMATION PAGE VIA EMAIL, INSTEAD, YOUR CONFIRMATION PAGE POPS UP AS SOON AS YOU SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION AND IT IS ALSO ACCESSIBLE ANYTIME BY SIGNING BACK ON TO THE REGISTRATION LINK (BELOW).
- EOF STUDENTS - PLEASE CALL THE EOF DEPARTMENT FOR YOUR ORIENTATION AT 973-655-4385.
*YOU WILL ONLY BE ALLOWED TO CHANGE YOUR DATE IF THERE IS AN EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCE THAT WILL PREVENT YOU FROM ATTENDING ON YOUR RECOMMENDED DATE (AT WHICH TIME YOU MAY NEED TO SUBMIT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION).
If you are experiencing login errors in regards to your MSU NetID and password contact the Helpdesk at 973-655-7971. If it is concerning your CWID and PIN, contact the Registrar at 973-655-4376.
In addition, if you have any other questions regarding the online registration please contact the main line at 973-655-7114.
REGISTER now to reserve your seat for 2013 New Student Orientation!
(Students who have registered prior to June 6th, please REPRINT your confirmation page by logging back onto the registration link (above) as your previous one included an incorrect check-in time)
IMPORTANT: If you request or have requested a date change please allow 24-48hrs for processing. You can then log back into the link above and view/print your new confirmation page with the new date on it.
Instructions for Students:
Student check-in begins at 8 a.m. in the Student Center Lobby. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Visit the Center for Advising and Student Transition’s website at: http://www.montclair.edu/student-development-campus-life/center-for-advising-student-transitions/ for more detailed information regarding your Orientation.
- Contact CAST at (973) 655-7114 if you need to change your New Student Orientation date (not recommended).
- Please park in the CarParc Diem lot. Parking for New Student Orientation is complimentary, and a permit, if needed, will be distributed the day of the event.
Students Remember to:
- Get your immunization records in BEFORE New Student Orientation. A hold will prevent you from registering if you have not completed this step.
- Bring two forms of identification; one must be a photo ID.
- Bring your Placement Test Score Report.
- Bring your Foreign Language Placement Test results.
- Bring a pen and paper to take notes.
- Bring a sweater or sweatshirt as campus buildings can be chilly due to air conditioning.
- Bring your laptop to get it registered with Information Technology and use it to register for your classes!