Transfer Orientation Registration
To assist accepted incoming Transfer and Veteran and Military students with a smooth transition into Montclair State University, the Center for Advising & Student Transitions (CAST) hosts Transfer Student Orientations.
Students (other than veterans) transferring less than 29 credits (two full-time, at least 12 credit hour, semesters either both completed, or one complete and the other currently in progress) are considered Freshmen Transfers. These students should attend a New Student Freshman Orientation.
Students: New this semester we have an Online Photo Submission application that can be used by orientation attendees. We HIGHLY encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity as opposed to waiting in lines for your ID cards. Students must login with their net id and password to access the application. Please be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your photo will not be accepted. YOU MUST HAVE PAID YOUR DEPOSIT 48HRS PRIOR TO SUBMITTING A PHOTO ONLINE.
Please use the following link and follow instructions meticulously:
Cut off to use the application will be 48 hours prior to orientation date.
NOTE: If you are unable to submit a photo, please arrive on time so you can be directed to take your ID Card Photo. For those who are attending the Evening Transfer Student Orientation's, it is STRONGLY recommended that you arrive a little bit earlier than 4:30pm to be able to take your photos.
Summer 2013 Transfer Orientation Dates
Day Programs (TIME: 8:30AM - 12:00PM)
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - Park in Car Parc Diem
Thursday, June 20, 2013 - Park in Car Parc Diem
Monday, July 8, 2013 - Park in Car Parc Diem
Monday, July 22, 2013 - Park in Car Parc Diem
Evening Programs (TIME: 4:30 - 6:30)
Tuesday, May 7, 2013 - Park in Car Parc Diem
Wednesday, June 5, 2013 - Park in Car Parc Diem
Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - Park in Car Parc Diem
*Times listed are approximate, please allow extra time at the conclusion of the program to meet with your faculty advisor.
PLEASE REMEMBER: You will have to first login with your MSU NetID and password then use your CWID and PIN to register for orientation. If you have not setup your MSU NetID please visit netid.montclair.edu to set it up.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR MSU NetID DOES NOT REPLACE YOUR CWID.
REGISTER now to reserve your seat for 2013 Transfer Student Orientation!
Transfer Student Family Orientation
There is a $20 NON-REFUNDABLE per person registration fee for Family Orientation that will be collected onsite. Only cash or money orders will be accepted. Credit cards, debit cards, or personal checks will NOT be accepted.
Review the Student Guide for Transfer Students.
View the following videos for a brief introduction on the Analysis of Academic Progress (Audit). Bring a paper copy of your audit to your orientation.
- For students transferring with an AA or AS degree from a NJ Community College: Audit Video
- For all other transfer students: Audit Video
- This event is for ACCEPTED students only.
- All declared transfer students should meet with their faculty advisors prior to attending Transfer Orientation or soon after they've attended Transfer Student Orientation. Your faculty advisor can assist you in interpreting your Analysis of Academic Progress and help in planning out your future coursework at Montclair State. Undeclared transfer students will be advised immediately following the Transfer Student Orientation program.
- Orientations include essential information on how to select appropriate courses to continue your degree program, including a presentation on how to read the Analysis of Academic Progress, as well as on-site advisement and registration.