Transfer Orientation Registration
To assist accepted incoming Transfer and Veteran and Military students with a smooth transition into Montclair State University, the Center for Advising & Student Transitions (CAST) hosts Transfer Student Orientations.
Students (other than veterans) transferring less than 29 credits (two full-time, at least 12 credit hour, semesters either both completed, or one complete and the other currently in progress) are considered Freshmen Transfers. These students should attend a New Student Freshman Orientation.
Students: New this semester we have an Online Photo Submission application that can be used by orientation attendees. We HIGHLY encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity as opposed to waiting in lines for your ID cards. Students must login with their net id and password to access the application. Please be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your photo will not be accepted. YOU MUST HAVE PAID YOUR DEPOSIT 48HRS PRIOR TO SUBMITTING A PHOTO ONLINE.
Please use the following link and follow instructions meticulously:
Cut off to use the application will be 48 hours prior to orientation date.
NOTE: If you are unable to submit a photo, please arrive on time so you can be directed to take your ID Card Photo. For those who are attending the Evening Transfer Student Orientation's, it is STRONGLY recommended that you arrive a little bit earlier than 4:30pm to be able to take your photos.
Instructions for Students:
Student check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. (morning programs) 4:30pm (evening programs) in University Hall 7th Floor Conference Center. Food will be provided. Visit the Center for Advising & Student Transitions (CAST) website for more detailed information regarding your Orientation.
- Contact Center For Advising & Student Transitions at (973) 655-7114 if you need to change your TSO date (not recommended).
- Bring a sweater or sweatshirt as campus buildings can be chilly due to air conditioning.
Students Remember to:
- Bring two forms of identification; one must be a photo ID.
- Print AND bring Analysis of Academic Progress (a.k.a. transfer credit evaluation) in WESS on YOUR day of Orientation, you will need this to check-in.
- Submit your Immunization forms PRIOR to Orientation.
- Visit the Accepted Student Checklist for complete details: montclair.edu/admissions/accepted/transfer
- Bring a pen and paper to take notes.
- Bring your laptop to get it registered with Information Technology and use it to register for your classes!
Transfer Student Family Orientation
There is a $20 NON-REFUNDABLE per person registration fee for Family Orientation that will be collected onsite. Only cash or money orders will be accepted. Credit cards, debit cards, or personal checks will NOT be accepted. You, the student, can register any family member who wishes to attend Transfer Student Family Orientation by clicking on the "blue" Family button upon login via the registration link.
It is required that you print and bring your Analysis of Academic Progress (Credit Evaluation) with you the day of orientation. You will need these documents to check-in AND to help with your class registration when you meet with your Advisor.
Here is how you print it out:
- Log on to WESS
- Then click on Enter Student Services, you will then be asked to enter your CWID (College Wide ID Number and PIN)
A six digit PIN has been initially assigned to you. Initially assigned PINs will be the date of birth which is on file for you. For example if the date of birth which is on file for you is July 12, 1975, you assigned PIN would be 071275.
- Click “Analysis of Academic Progress” which is found under the STUDENT RECORDS headline. Make sure Primary is checked.
- Click Submit then click PRINT on the top right hand side of the screen.
- After you complete the steps above, please click on the link below to watch the video tutorials on how to read your Analysis of Academic Progress (Credit Evaluation). You will locate them on the bottom of the page.
Remember, do not forget to print it out and bring it with you!
Review the Student Guide for Transfer Students.
View the following videos for a brief introduction on the Analysis of Academic Progress (Audit). Bring a paper copy of your audit to your orientation.
- For students transferring with an AA or AS degree from a NJ Community College: Audit Video
- For all other transfer students: Audit Video
- This event is for ACCEPTED students only.
- All declared transfer students will meet with their faculty advisors following Transfer Orientation. Your faculty advisor can assist you in interpreting your Analysis of Academic Progress and help in planning out your future coursework at Montclair State. Undeclared transfer students will be advised immediately following the Transfer Student Orientation program.
- Orientations include essential information on how to select appropriate courses to continue your degree program, including a presentation on how to read the Analysis of Academic Progress, as well as on-site advisement and registration.