The Office of Student Financial Aid works closely with the Buffalo Department of Veterans Affairs Regional Office to assist veterans and service members with educational benefit applications and the certification process. A step by step checklist (link to checklist) is available to assist you with the process.
Montclair State University is a Yellow Ribbon School. Please see the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website for program specifics.
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA). Visit the
- and review the various education benefits administered by the VA. This website will provide:
- Important information on all educational assistance programs including the Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33).
- A comparison chart to help you determine which VA education benefit is best suited for you.
- Payment rates for educational benefits.
- A chart listing the maximum in-state tuition and fees by state.
- BAH listing by zip code.
- Participating Yellow Ribbon schools.