Although the idea of doing absolutely nothing during summer break is tempting, leadership never rests! There is as much to learn as a leader outside the classroom as there is inside one, so even though classes are over, the Center for Leadership Development is involved with two excellent summer programs that help students to develop their leadership skills during the warm-weather months!
PSEG Institute for Sustainability Studies Green Team Program
The PSEG ISS Green Teams are transdisciplinary teams of five students coming from different majors are hosted by organizations to address important sustainability issues; such as achieving zero waste, improving energy efficiency, marketing sustainability practices, and reporting in the global reporting initiative (GRI) format. At the end of the program, students will present their final projects to all participating organizations, staff, and the general public. The program is based on 17 goals of sustainability in relation to the sustainable development agenda of the United Nations.
For more information on the program and their work, past and present, please click here.
Red Hawk Advantage Summer Program
The Red Hawk Advantage summer program is designed to help incoming freshman transition to college by providing a strong academic foundation, individualized advisement, supportive learning environment, enrichment activities and a stronger connection to the university.
Students who participate are able to:
- Earn six (6) college credits towards a degree at Montclair State University by enrolling in two classes: College Writing and Fundamentals of Speech.
- Experience college life: live on campus just like a Red Hawk student would and experience meals from our dining halls.
- Utilize all recreational, educational and social activities available to current Montclair State University students.
- Receive intentional academic support.
- Develop a stronger connection to the university
For more information about this program and how to participate, please click here.