Montclair State University has over 18,000 potential volunteers on campus, and the VRC exists to help these students make connections with community-based service projects that offer meaningful learning experiences outside the classroom. We depend on community partnerships,with organizations like you, to help us create those experiences for our students.
Connect with the VRC:
If you are a community-based nonprofit organization with a need for one-time, short-term, or long-term volunteers, let us know by filling out a community service opportunity form.
All submissions will be processed by the VRC and posted on NobleHour – in addition to using our social media websites and email listservs – to help publicize your volunteer needs to the campus community. If you would like to communicate with the VRC further, feel free to contact us! We would love to hear from you.
For all one-time service or fundraising events, please submit your volunteer request to the VRC as early beforehand as possible.
Please attach any and all relevant flyers, job descriptions, and applications when filling out the volunteer opportunity event form.
Thank you for sharing your opportunities with our students.
Montclair State students also have the opportunity to enroll in “service-learning” courses that offer credit-bearing volunteer experience at approved service sites and are designed to complement students’ coursework.
Service-learning projects are arranged by semester and must
- meet identified community needs
- provide students with enough time to reflect on their volunteer experience, to insure that studentsgain a greater understanding of course content and an enhanced sense of civic responsibility
Internship Programs, Professional Experience
Community-based organizations can also partner with students who are completing internships – some with class credit, others without – arranged by individual colleges or departments of study at the University. These are much more formal and structured arrangements thatmayrequire an application and approval process. Community partners should inquire with departments of interest directly for more information.
Career Services, Colleges – Internship Programs
- College of the Arts, Career Services – Director, Elaine Russo firstname.lastname@example.org, 973.655.7495
- College of Education and Human Services, Career Services – Director, Linda Flynn email@example.com, 973. 655.6874
- College of Science and Mathematics, Career Services – Director, Gennae Hinson firstname.lastname@example.org, 973.655.7793
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Career Services – Director, Beverly Ververs email@example.com, 973.655.5194
- School of Business, Career Services – Director, Diane Freedmanfreedmand@mail.montclair.edu, 973.655.6965
Departments – Internship Programs
- Family and Child Studies – 973.655.4171
- Health and Nutrition Studies – 973.655.4154