To find one-time, short-term, or ongoing opportunities for community service sponsored by the VRC, join our community page on NobleHour. Once you find a service project you like, sign up for it and then contact the appropriate project coordinator for more details and/or to indicate your availability.
On NobleHour, you can
- view “Featured Opportunities” for new and upcoming projects;
- access a complete listing of service projects;
- check out VRC News, including monthly “Nonprofit Highlights” with more information about local community-based organizations;
- contributeyour OWN service opportunities – through your church, student organization, or nonprofit organization – or post them for a friend.
Don’t stop there! Volunteers can also…
1. Fill out a volunteer interest form. Doing this can help you enhance your volunteer experience by allowing the VRC to identify your interests and highlight potential service organizations.
2.Go beyond NobleHour.We recommend Volunteer Match, Jersey Cares, and the United Way of Northern New Jersey, all of which are used by local nonprofit organizations to post their volunteer needs to the community.
3. Like our Facebook page and share our posts. Here, you can find daily community service updates from the VRC and help us spread the word about upcoming volunteer opportunities.
4. Join our mailing list to receive community service e-blasts from the VRC.