Top Seven Reasons to Volunteer
1. You can make a difference in the lives of other people – and in your own!
2. Volunteering promotes personal growth and better self-esteem.
3. By engaging in voluntary service, you’ll have a unique opportunity to give back, by paying it forward.
4. You can learn a lot about yourself, and about your community and its needs.
5. Volunteering brings people together and builds a sense of community and solidarity.
6. You can also gain professional experience and job skills that strengthen your resume.
7. Last but not least…it’s GOOD for you! Volunteering has been shown to reduce individual levels of stress, making you an overall healthier person.