The LGBTQ Center of Montclair State University will be a catalyst for change within and beyond our community, creating and sustaining an inclusive, equitable society of intellectual and culturally competent future leaders.
The Mission of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer (LGBTQ) Center at Montclair State University is to create a campus environment inclusive and supportive of sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression through education, advocacy, and support for students, faculty, and staff. We focus on the unique academic, cultural, and social needs of LGBTQ students, and strive to enhance these students' learning and engagement in the academic process. Through our services, the LGBTQ Center presents educational, cultural, and social opportunities for students, faculty, and staff to challenge intolerance and promote acceptance, thus creating an open and affirming environment void of homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, cissexism, heterosexism, and gender bias.
- Support the developmental process, well-being, academic success, and retention of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender students
- Increase community awareness and knowledge about sexual orientation and gender identity
- Promote a campus community that is inclusive of LGBTQ individuals and develops/celebrates allies
- Identify and advocate for LGBTQ inclusive campus programs, services and policies
- Provide resources, programs, and experiences that support and expand student leadership development