Transfer Orientation Registration
Important Registration Information
We are glad you are ready to register to learn more about the Montclair State University transfer experience. Please click below to register for an upcoming Transfer Student Orientation (TSO) event. Then, we invite you to follow the arrow at the bottom of the page to read on for further details vital to make your red hawk journey a true success!
Freshman Transfers and New Incoming Freshmen
Students transferring in 29 or fewer credits are considered Freshman Transfers. Students coming in with 0 credits and/or from high school are considered New Incoming Freshman. These students are required to attend a Red Hawk 411 event hosted by the Center for Advising and Student Transitions (CAST).
Register here --> TSO Registration Portal
General TSO Information:
- The upcoming TSO event dates are as follows:
Tuesday, May 26 - 3:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. (Park in CarParc Diem)
Tuesday, June 2 - 9:30 a.m. -2:30 p.m. (Park in CarParc Diem)
Click here to register for TRANSFER STUDENT ORIENTATION. TSO will begin at 9:30am and end by 2:30pm. Please plan your schedule accordingly.
- OPTIONAL Campus Tour - Takes place AFTER orientation. Tour will begin at 2:30pm. If interested, please sign up.
3. Tuesday, June 16 - 3:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. (Park in CarParc Diem)
Click here to register for TRANSFER STUDENT ORIENTATION. TSO will begin at 3:30pm and end by 8:30pm. Please plan your schedule accordingly.
- OPTIONAL Campus Tour - Takes place BEFORE orientation. Tour will begin at 2:30pm. If interested, please sign up.
NOTE: Transfer Student Orientation and the Campus Tours are two SEPARATE events.
- If you are signed up for a campus tour on 5/7/15 or 6/2/15, you are to report to the Student Center Ballrooms for TSO at 9:30am and attend the Campus Tour AFTER orientation has ended at 2:30pm.
- If you are signed up for a campus tour on 6/2/15, you are to report to your tour location at 2:30pm, and THEN come over to the Student Center Ballrooms for TSO at 3:30pm.
Additional important items
- Bring a sweater as it may get chilly in the buildings.
- All TSO events are held in the Student Center Ballrooms
- Bring one form of identification for check-in (photo ID)
- Please arrive with a pen and paper to take notes
- Refreshments will be provided during the event
- Bring your laptop to get it registered with the Office of Information Technology (pre or post event only)
- Contact the Office of Academic Success and Retention Programs at (973) 655-4162 if you need to change your scheduled TSO date (not recommended)
Transfer Family Orientation
As a parent/guardian/support person you play a vital role in your transfer students' experience. You'll begin the TSO experience alongside your student and you'll hear about the many programs, services and opportunities that await them. Then, you'll join some of the ASRP team for a personalized experience during which you'll learn more about how we'll work with you to ensure your students' academic success and adjustment to Montclair State University.
*Fee Disclosure: Each Family Orientation participant must pay a $20 registration fee (exact change or personal checks only). Onsite registration is permitted. Please note: staff will not have petty cash on hand. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
Please click on the "blue" Family button once you've logged in to the TSO registration portal and provide all information as requested. Family members are an integral part of transfer student success. We welcome the chance to share information with you about what it means, and what it takes, to be a Red Hawk!