Transfer Orientation Registration
Important Registration Information
We are glad you are ready to register to learn more about the Montclair State University transfer experience. Please click below to register for an upcoming Transfer Student Orientation (TSO) event. Then, we invite you to follow the arrow at the bottom of the page to read on for further details vital to make your red hawk journey a true success!
Freshman Transfers and New Incoming Freshmen
Students transferring in 29 or fewer credits are considered Freshman Transfers. Students coming in with 0 credits and/or from high school are considered New Incoming Freshman. These students are required to attend a Red Hawk 411 event hosted by the Center for Advising and Student Transitions (CAST).
Register here --> TSO Registration Portal
General TSO Information:
- The upcoming TSO event date is as follows:
1. Monday, August 31st - 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (Park in CarParc Diem)
Click here to register for TRANSFER STUDENT ORIENTATION. TSO will begin at 11:00am and end by 1:00pm. Please plan your schedule accordingly.
- This is a STUDENT event only.
- Attendees MUST PARK in the designated park spaces list above (Note: Parking charges will apply in any other campus lot and no exemptions will be issued.)
Additional important items
- Bring a sweater as it may get chilly in the buildings.
- All TSO events are held in the Student Center Ballrooms
- Bring one form of identification for check-in (photo ID)
- Please arrive with a pen and paper to take notes
- Refreshments will be provided during the event
- Bring your laptop to get it registered with the Office of Information Technology (pre or post event only)
- Contact the Office of Academic Success and Retention Programs at (973) 655-4162 if you need to change your scheduled TSO date (not recommended)