Transfer Orientation Registration
Important Registration Information
We are glad you are ready to register to learn more about the Montclair State University transfer experience. Please click below to register for an upcoming Transfer Student Orientation (TSO) event. Then, we invite you to follow the arrow at the bottom of the page to read on for further details vital to make your red hawk journey a true success!
Freshman Transfers and New Incoming Freshmen
Students transferring in 29 or fewer credits are considered Freshman Transfers. Students coming in with 0 credits and/or from high school are considered New Incoming Freshman. These students are required to attend a New Student Orientation event hosted by the Center for Advising and Student Transitions (CAST).
Register here --> TSO Registration Portal
General TSO Information:
- The upcoming TSO event dates are as follows:
- August 5th (9:30am - 2:30pm)
- August 20th (3:30pm - 8:30pm)
- TSO is for ACCEPTED students and registered family members only.
- Student and family member check-in begins at 9:30 a.m. (morning programs) and 3:30pm (evening programs)
- Attendees (and their family) MUST PARK in the CarParc Diem Deck (Note: Parking charges will apply in any other campus lot and no exemptions will be issued.)
- All TSO events are held in University Hall 7th Floor Conference Center
- Bring one form of identification for check-in (photo ID)
- Please arrive with a pen and paper to take notes
- Refreshments will be provided during the event
- Bring your laptop to get it registered with the Office of Information Technology (pre or post event only)
- Contact the Office of Academic Success and Retention Programs at (973) 655-4162 if you need to change your scheduled TSO date (not recommended)
Transfer Family Orientation
As a parent/guardian/support person you play a vital role in your transfer students' experience. You'll begin the TSO experience alongside your student and you'll hear about the many programs, services and opportunities that await them. Then, you'll join some of the ASRP team for a personalized experience during which you'll learn more about how we'll work with you to ensure your students' academic success and adjustment to Montclair State University.
*Fee Disclosure: Each Family Orientation participant must pay a $20 registration fee (exact change or personal checks only). Onsite registration is permitted. Please note: staff will not have petty cash on hand. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
Please click on the "blue" Family button once you've logged in to the TSO registration portal and provide all information as requested. Family members are an integral part of transfer student success. We welcome the chance to share information with you about what it means, and what it takes, to be a Red Hawk!
Next to CHECKLIST ---->