On Track for Orientation
Complete this CHECKLIST & stay on track for orientation
Once you have registered for a Transfer Student Orientation (TSO) please be certain that you have completed the checklist below PRIOR to your orientation date. TSO will be a smooth, informative and empowering experience for you provided that you have taken care of all of these in advance.
1. Secure your spot as a Red Hawk - Pay your deposit with the Office of Student Accounts
Students must submit a nonrefundable $85.00 tuition deposit in order to finalize admission. Also, students seeking on-campus housing must also submit a $300 housing deposit.
2. Submit all required immunization forms
1) Request your immunization records from your previous institution and have them sent to the UHC. You MUST personally request them and verify that they were received by the UHC.MAIL: Attn: Immunization Program, University Health Center, Blanton Halll, 1 Normal Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07043.
2) Submit the Montclair State University Immunization Form. Please refer to the UHC website to read the policy and form completion steps in detail.
3. Secure your Financial Resources and Funding
- It is vital that you complete and/or update your current FAFSA so that it shows that you will now be attending Montclair State University.
- Follow the 10 easy steps to financial aid as quickly as you can to secure your plans
- Contact the Office of Financial Aid to verify your financial aid award and to discuss any lingering questions
- Please note: if you were asked to complete a verification process at your previous institution, you will be required to resubmit all verification materials to the Office of Financial Aid here as well.
4. Log-in to WESS and PRINT OUT your Analysis of Academic Progress (audit)
All students are required to bring a print out of their audit to TSO. Please be prepared to present your audit at the check-in table to a member of the TSO staff. Visit the take hold of your degree page to learn more about how to interpret, print and utilize this tool to manage your progress towards graduation.
5. Review your audit and begin to consider your registration/advising needs for the upcoming semester.
Advising is a vital part of the transfer experience at Montclair State University. To ensure that you receive the support and guidance necssary in order to plan your first semester effectively, our University provides two (2) methods by which you may receive academic advisement.
- Advising appointments may be scheduled prior to a TSO event as per each individual School/Colleges availability. If you receive outreach from your accepted major department prior to TSO, please feel free to connect with them for advisement support which will allow you to attend TSO with a solid foundation of courses in place.
- Advising appointments and next step arrangements will be provided immediately following each TSO event by representatives and/or faculty members from each Department.
6. Complete our online process to receive your personalized ID card at TSO
Our goal is to welcome you to TSO and provide you with a personalized ID card that will be your official identification as a red hawk. ID cards are handled via an online photo submission process by the One Card Office. Please review the steps below to complete the online process and ensure an ID card will be waiting for you at TSO!
- Pay your tuition deposit. All tuition deposits must be on file at least 48 hours (2 business days) before you can begin.
- Click on Online Photo Submit to begin the ID card process.
- ID Card process deadlines are set 3-business days PRIOR to each TSO event to ensure your ID card is ready. The deadlines are firm and we regret that we will not be able to adjust them.
November 11, 2013 - deadline is 11/5 at 4:30pm
November 19, 2013 - deadline is 11/13 at 4:30pm
December 3, 2013 - deadline is 11/25 at 4:30pm
December 10, 2013 - deadline is 12/4 at 4:30pm (canceled due to inclement weather)
December 17, 2013 - deadline is 12/13 at 4:30pm
January 8, 2014 - deadline is 1/3 at 4:30pm
January 14, 2014 - deadline is 1/8 at 4:30pm
*If you are not able to complete the ID card process by the deadline for your TSO, we invite you to log-in and complete the process with the One Card office 48 hours AFTER you've registered for courses and then you can come to campus and pick up your ID card at your earliest convenience.