Office of Residence Life
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (RA) - Application Process: November - January
The RA is responsible for the day-to-day interaction and development of the students who reside in the residence halls. RAs live in the halls and supervise a floor or area within the community. RAs take on many roles, such as community builders, role models, peer educators, crisis managers, team players, and administrators. They are student leaders who help our residential students become acclimated and feel comfortable on campus. General responsibilities include: maintaining a safe and secure environment for resident students, student community development, educational programming, and associated administrative responsibilities. Applications are available in the fall semester for the upcoming academic year.
Qualifications for Eligible Applicants
- Have/maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.50. (This applies to both cumulative GPA and the most recently completed semester)
- Have/maintain good standing with the University (through the Office of Student Conduct).
- Students cannot be any conduct sanction such as disciplinary warning or disciplinary probation with the University while applying for, being offered, or being employed as a Resident Assistant.
- Maintain eligibility for on-campus housing by following re-application procedures.
- Students must complete the housing re-application process and maintain their eligibility for on-campus housing. Failure to do so may result in an offer / contract being rescinded.
- Be available for the duration of the contract period for which you are hired.
- Candidates applying for the 2015–2016 academic year must be available for the Fall
- Semester 2015 and Spring Semester 2016.
- Maintain full-time (12 credit hours) enrollment with the University.
Expectations of Being a RA
- Community Builder
- Role Model
- Peer Educator
- Crisis Manager
- Team Player
Benefits of Being a RA
- A stipend paid annually of $3,000.00 (Stipend will be paid through eight paychecks per semester)
- Single Room Waiver
- Meals during training programs
- Great resume builder
When are applications available?
The application is CURRENTLY AVAILABLE until November 1st at 11:00 AM!
It is HIGHLY SUGGESTED that you attend at least one information session for the application process:
October 21 8:00 PM Kops Lounge (Russ Hall)
October 22 8:00 PM Kops Lounge (Russ Hall)
October 23 4:00 PM Hawk Crossings Office
Is there training?
Yes; Summer training is August 23rd-August 29th, 2015 (Winter Training TBD)