The integration of diverse student experiences in the educational environment, creating a strong foundation for achieving life goals.
The Mission of Student Development Campus Life is to: support and enhance the educational mission of Montclair State University; work in a cooperative-relationship with faculty, staff, and students to provide programming and services in a safe and secure environment; and foster the intellectual, psychological, physical, social and career development of students.
In support of this mission, the members of the division of Student Development & Campus Life will pursue the following goals:
- Lead the University’s enrollment management efforts through strategic planning.
- Provide experiences that will promote student achievement and challenge students to think critically.
- Foster student engagement through on and off campus activities that promote skill development in the areas of: leadership, self-respect, civic engagement, effective communication, health and wellness, lifestyle choices and appreciation of diversity.
- Cultivate cross-divisional partnerships to extend the impact of student services and programs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of activities, programs, and services in meeting students’ needs and use data for continuous improvement.