The Executive Branch is composed of four e-board members consisting of the President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary, all of which serve as the four trustees of the corporation. The Executive Branch also includes the Presidential Cabinet, The Greek Council and Student Programming Board, otherwise known as SLAM. The Executive Board enforces the statues, while representing the student population to the administration. Any questions, comments, or concerns can be brought to the attention of the Executive Board. Offices are located in Student Center Annex, Room 103.
The SGA President oversees all of the daily operations including the multi-million dollar budget. They also act as a liaison between the campus administration and the student body and is a constant voice of the students. The Student Government President strives to create an atmosphere of growth, experience and productivity for the Montclair State University Community.
The SGA Vice President serves as a liaison between the student body and the administration. If you have any questions in regards to joining the Legislature or starting an organization, contact the VP.
The SGA Treasurer serves as the Chief Financial Officer and one of the four trustees of the corporation representing the entire undergraduate student population. If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding the Student Government Association Inc., contact the Treasurer.
The SGA Secretary serves as the liaison between all SGA executive members and the organizations. The duties of the Secretary are as follows: maintain accurate written records (minutes) of the proceedings of the SGA meetings and organization meetings, maintain the office and serve the students as best as possible.
The duty of Attorney General is to provide legal counsel to the government such as determining if an action or bill is constitutional or not. They also are responsible for handling any judicial action against a student or organization, as the Presidents Chief Law Enforcement Officer.
Chief of Staff
The Chief of Staff is in charge of overseeing all SGA activity and coordinating the President's Cabinet. Along with these responsibilities, they work very closely with the President and makes sure that the daily activities of the President are carried out as efficiently as possible.
- Website Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Press Secretary: email@example.com
- Director of Programming: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Class I Director: email@example.com
- Director of Class II and III Organizations: classIIandIII.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Class IV Organizations: email@example.com
- Director of Greek Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary of Academic Affairs: email@example.com
- Secretary of Educational Funding: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Equity and Diversity: email@example.com
- Secretary of LGBTQ Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Editor in Chief of Yearbook: email@example.com
- Director of Recreation and Athletics: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Student Outreach: email@example.com
- Secretary of Commuter Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary of Residential Affairs: email@example.com