[View in: Chinese | Korean | Russian]
- To strengthen the ability of non-native English speakers to teach their subject in the English language and/or to conduct academic research in English.
- To conduct courses in contemporary teaching methodology in order to increase the scope of pedagogical tools available to our participants.
- To enhance the presentation skills of participants through courses in public speaking and utilizing modern technology.
- To allow scholars from similar academic fields to collaborate with each other under the auspices of the Teaching in English program. The collaboration results in the students learning discipline specific English terms and methodology.
- To augment and deepen Montclair State University's partnership with international universities.
Teaching in English in Montclair is a 4 week program and will take place on the Montclair State University campus from the 9th of July (7.9.2012) to the 4th of August (8.4.2012). Montclair State University is located 14 miles west of New York City, offering a green, safe, suburban community with easy access to Manhattan by train or bus.
For more specific information about the Teaching in English in Montclair please see the program brochure.
Teaching in English on your Campus will take place on the campus of the participating university. While the formats and duration of the programs can be specifically tailored to the host university, the program usually offers three courses taught by faculty members over the course of 4 weeks. Participants receive 6 hours of instruction daily for a total of 24 hours per week. Additionally, there is time allotted for discussions, and for individual meetings with faculty members. The number of courses taught and the number of faculty members sent abroad can be adjusted based on the host university's requirements.
(Teaching in English on your Campus is generally taught during the summer break, but can also be held during the winter or academic year).