Admission Standards & Specific GPA Requirements
Transfer Admissions Standards
We review each application individually. However, when considering an applicant for transfer admission, strong candidates for admission generally meet the following criteria:
- A sustained, rigorous academic curriculum with an overall "B" average
- A demonstrated interest in intended major by displaying academic success in the courses taken
If you have attended more than one regionally accredited college or university, the grade point average from all schools will be considered.
Specific Admissions Requirements by College/School
In addition to our general Transfer Admissions Standards, certain programs have their own specific standards for admission. These programs include:
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Jurisprudence: Completion of 24 college-level credits and 3.0 GPA
College of Science and Mathematics
- Biology: 3.0 GPA
- Computer Science: 3.0 GPA
- Science Informatics: 3.0 GPA
College of Education and Human Services
- Athletic Training: 3.0 GPA (fall admission only)
- Family and Child Studies (all concentrations): 3.0 GPA
School of Business
- Accounting: 3.0 GPA AND the completion of at least 12 college level credits.
- Business Administration (all concentrations) & Economics: 3.0 cumulative GPA AND the completion of at least 12 college level credits.
College of the Arts
- Communication & Media Arts; Communication Studies: 3.0 GPA & interview
- Filmmaking: 3.0 GPA & portfolio review
- Journalism: 3.0 GPA & interview
- Television & Digital Media: 3.0 GPA & interview
Please Note: All other College of the Arts programs (with the exception of Fashion Studies, Art History, or Theatre Studies) require an interview, audition, or portfolio review. Musical Theater and Theater Acting are for fall admission only. For more information, visit the student services portion of the College of the Arts webpage.