University Advancement connects people – alumni, donors and friends -- to Montclair State’s vibrant community. We do this by building relationships, telling our story, and raising funds to support and advance the University’s mission.
Our team – which is comprised of over 40 advancement, communication, design and other professionals – involves our core constituents in University life through dynamic alumni relations programs, strategic communications, targeted development and stewardship initiatives, and productive community relationships.
University Advancement is made up of five units:
- Alumni Relations -- We keep alumni involved in the University community through a wide range of activities, services and programs.
- Community Relations -- We establish mutually beneficial partnerships and relationships with local government, businesses, private and non-profit organizations, and the community at large.
- Development -- We raise funds and generate support for mission-critical academic and capital initiatives from alumni and friends, as well as from corporations and foundations.
- University Foundation -- We solicit, receive, hold and professionally manage funds and property on behalf of the University.
- University Communications -- We promote awareness of the University by sharing its successes and achievements with key audiences.
- John T. Shannon, Jr., Vice President for University Advancement
- Carol Blazejowski, Associate Vice President for University Advancement
- Susan Davies, Associate Vice President for Development
- Julie Adams, Executive Director, Community Relations
- Deborah Gaines, Executive Director, Strategic Communications
- Jeanette Hanlein, Executive Director, Advancement Services
- Jeanne Marano, Executive Director, Alumni Relations
For more information, please contact 973-655-4214