The University receives national recognition for excellence in a number of areas. These include:
- USA Today reports Montclair State's education degree made a list of top five colleges and majors that really give you the greatest return on investment.
- U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks the University in the top tier of Northern Regional Universities.
- U.S. News & World Report 2014 Best Graduate Schools ranked the Montclair State’s graduate program in elementary education No. 18 in the country.
- In 2014, The School of Business was again included in The Princeton Review’s Guide to The Best 295 Business Schools.
- The US Green Building Council (USGBC), The Princeton Review Guide to 332 Green Campuses: 2014 Edition, and Sierra magazine’s “Coolest Schools” included Montclair State in their rankings of America’s greenest campuses.
- The Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education Magazine has placed Montclair State on its list of “Top 100 Colleges for Hispanics” for 15 years in a row – and awarded us the second highest ranking in New Jersey in 2013.
- G.I. Jobs Magazine named Montclair State a “Military Friendly School” in 2013-14, the fourth straight year for the honor.
- In 2013, Montclair State was again named to President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in recognition of performance in co-curricular and curricular community service, volunteerism, and community engagement.
- In 2012, Diverse Issues in Higher Education named Montclair State a “Top Degree Producer” in its ranking of institutions that confer the most degrees to minority students.
- The U.S. Department of State recognized Montclair State as a Top Producer of U.S. Fulbright Scholars, as the University welcomed one of the largest contingents of Fulbright Scholars from overseas in its history in 2012.
- The Heights residence complex was recognized as the state’s Leading Public-Private Partnership by the New Jersey Alliance for Action for its contribution to New Jersey’s economic recovery.
- The National Soccer Coaches Association ranked Montclair State’s men’s soccer team—which made history by playing in the national championship—fourth in the nation.
- School of Business students bested 20 other teams to make the final four in the 2012 New York Regional CFA Institute Research Challenge.
- In reaffirming Montclair State’s accreditation in Fall 2012, the Middle States Commission on High Education commended our comprehensive learning assessment system, our proactive engagement with the challenges of technology and our ambitious strategic plan’s quantifiable goals.