The University receives national recognition for excellence in a number of areas. These include:
- U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks the University in the top tier of Northern Regional Universities.
- U.S. News & World Report 2014 Best Graduate Schools ranked the Montclair State’s graduate program in elementary education No. 18 in the country.
- In 2014, The School of Business was again included in The Princeton Review’s Guide to The Best 295 Business Schools.
- The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), The Princeton Review Guide to 332 Green Campuses: 2014 Edition, and Sierra magazine’s “Coolest Schools” included Montclair State in their rankings of America’s greenest campuses.
- The Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education Magazine has placed Montclair State on its list of “Top 100 Colleges for Hispanics” for 16 years in a row – and awarded us the second highest ranking in New Jersey in 2014.
- G.I. Jobs magazine named Montclair State a “Military Friendly School” in 2013-14, the fourth straight year for the honor.
- In 2014, Montclair State was named to the Interfaith Honor Roll for its participation in the President's Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge.
- The Heights residence complex was recognized as the state’s Leading Public-Private Partnership by the New Jersey Alliance for Action for its contribution to New Jersey’s economic recovery.
- In reaffirming Montclair State’s accreditation in Fall 2012, the Middle States Commission on High Education commended our comprehensive learning assessment system, our proactive engagement with the challenges of technology and our ambitious strategic plan’s quantifiable goals.