Montclair State University’s mandatory requirements are as follows:
Additional mandatory immunizations for residential students are listed below.
Measles: Two doses of a live measles-containing vaccine, or any vaccine combination containing live measles vaccine that was administered after 1968.
Mumps: Two doses of live mumps virus vaccine, or any vaccine combination containing live mumps virus vaccine on or after the student's first birthday
Rubella: One dose of live rubella virus vaccine, or any vaccine combination containing live rubella virus vaccine on or after the student's first birthday.
Hepatitis B: (full time Undergraduate and Graduate students only): Three doses of hepatitis B virus vaccine, or any vaccine combination containing hepatitis B vaccine or approved two dose regimen.
Documented laboratory evidence of immunity to Measles, Mumps, and Rubella or Hepatitis B may be submitted in place of above vaccines.
Exemptions to the above immunization requirements:
- Students born before 1957 (does not apply to Hepatitis B requirements).
- Certain medical conditions in which immunizations pose a health risk.
- Clearly proscribed and documented religious exclusions.
- Students enrolled in a program for which students do not congregate on campus at any time, whether for classes or to participate in institution-sponsored events (home study, distance learning).
Should an infectious disease outbreak occur, the University may require students without documented evidence of immunity to stay away from the campus until the outbreak is over.
In addition to meeting the above requirements, all students intending to reside in any university housing facility must submit evidence of immunization for:
Meningitis: One dose: of meningococcal conjugate ( Menactra or Menveo) meningitis vaccine on or after the 16th birthday..
- Fall Entry
- General Requirements: May 15
- Residential Requirements: May 15
- Spring Entry
- Due two weeks after enrollment and/or housing deposit submission
Failure to comply with requirements and deadlines will prevent course registration and/or housing eligibility.
Returning students are not required to resubmit immunization documents.
Instructions for Submission of documentation
- Click on Immunization Forms box and print out documents
- Fill in all information requested. Missing or unclear information will delay processing of these requirements.
- The section for healthcare providers MUST be completed and signed by a healthcare provider. Forms signed by students or parent/guardian will not be accepted.
- Go to montclair.edu/university-health-center/my-health/and enter immunization information in the immunization form on line.
- All forms must be scanned and uploaded using the document upload tab . Do not submit documentation to any other department.
- Submit immunization questions to: email@example.com. Your name and student ID (CWID) should be included.
- Immunization documentation from a high school, NJIIS or other college/university will be accepted in place of the forms below. Copies of original immunization records from other countries will also be accepted if they are signed by a medical provider or have an official seal. Please do not send originals. They will not be returned! Your student ID must be included on these forms. Please scan and upload these documents.
- If laboratory titers are submitted, a copy of the actual laboratory results must be scanned.
- If you choose to request a religious exemption to immunizations, a letter must be submitted from the enrolled student stating bona fide religious tenets or practices that prohibits immunization. General philosophical or moral exemption is NOT sufficient. Letters from parents or religious leaders will not be accepted unless the student is a minor.
- Individuals in need of a medical exemption for immunizations must submit a written statement from their healthcare provider that immunization is contraindicated due to a valid medical condition.
- Students under the age of eighteen must have a parent or guardian sign the consent for minors form.
- Specific detail of New Jersey immunization regulations may be obtained through the UHC website at www.montclair.edu. Additional information on immunizations can also be found at www.cdc.gov.
- Students who need immunizations to meet requirements may obtain any of the vaccines at the University Health Center, their private provider or a pharmacy or clinic that provides vaccines. Please call 973-655-4361 to make an appointment.
- All completed forms should be scanned. There is no need to mail the form if it has been scanned and uploaded via the My Health Portal.
Fax: 973-655-4159 (Student name and ID (CWID) must be on the form)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Student name and ID (CWID) must be on the form)