How to Register
Important - Please Note:
STUDENTS: You will NOT be able to register for or withdraw from classes until you have confirmed and/or updated your permanent address on NEST. Log into NEST and take care of this requirement NOW by selecting Addresses under the Personal Info menu! Do not wait until registration begins.
Prior to registering for your course, we recommend obtaining academic advisement so you are prepared to choose courses that are appropriate to your program. Visiting Students should contact their home college/university for advisement and must complete the Visiting Student Information Form prior to registering.
To register for classes:
- Start from the Montclair State home page: www.montclair.edu.
- Select NEST from the quick links from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- For additional assistance, consult the Registration Help and Guides news article page. The IT Service Desk is available at (973) 655 - 7971 for immediate assistance.
Common error messages:
- PIN number does not match: You may need to check with the Office of the Registrar to get the PIN number on file for you or to have it reset.
- Registration hold: Students with outstanding account balances or who have not submitted immunization records may not be able to register until these matters have been resolved.
- Class closed: You may need to contact the department, your advisor, or the class professor for special permission to register for this class or for advisement on a replacement class.
- Class restricted/Permit required: You may need to contact the class professor for special permission to register for this class.
- For all other errors, please contact the Office of Extended Learning.