How to Register
Important - Please Note:
STUDENTS: You will NOT be able to register for or withdraw from classes until you have confirmed and/or updated your permanent address on WESS. Log on to WESS and take care of this requirement NOW by selecting Addresses under the Personal Info menu! Do not wait until registration begins.
Prior to registering for your course, we recommend obtaining academic advisement so you are prepared to choose courses that are appropriate to your program. Visiting Students should contact their home college/university for advisement and must complete the Visiting Student Information Form prior to registering.
- Start from the Montclair State home page: www.montclair.edu.
- Select WESS from the quick links from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Click on “Enter Student Services.”
- Enter your social security number or student ID number (CWID) and PIN and press ENTER. (Your assigned PIN will be your date of birth. For example, if your date of birth is July 12, 1975, your assigned PIN would be 071275.)
- You may be prompted to enter a new PIN or the answer to a reminder question.
- Once you have logged in, you will be at the WESS main page.
- Click on the “Registration” section.
- Click “Drop/Add Classes.”
- Enter the 5-digit call number into one of the boxes under “add class,” or, if already added to your "cart," click “submit.
- The next screen should notify you that you have been registered for that class.
Common error messages:
- PIN number does not match: You may need to check with the Office of the Registrar to get the PIN number on file for you or to have it reset.
- Registration hold: Students with outstanding account balances or who have not submitted immunization records may not be able to register until these matters have been resolved.
- Class closed: You may need to contact the department, your advisor, or the class professor for special permission to register for this class or for advisement on a replacement class.
- Class restricted/Permit required: You may need to contact the class professor for special permission to register for this class.
- For all other errors, please contact the Office of Extended Learning.