Visiting Student Checklist
- Complete your Undergraduate Visiting Student Information Form (no transcipts required)
- Register for Your Course
- Paying Your Bill
- Parking on Campus
- Request a Transcript
- Student ID
- Withdrawing from Your Course
- University Bookstore
- Using Canvas
After registering for your course, all visiting students must set up their NetIDs as soon as possible. This will:
- Give you a unique electronic identity for access to university online services, including email
- Set up your email account so that you can:
- Receive vital university communications
- Gain off-campus access to library databases and other resources
- Gain access to Canvas.
For more information, please contact the technology helpline at 973-655-7971.
You may pay your bill in person or online with cash, check, money order, E-check, or credit card. For information about our payment plans and paying your term bill, go to the payment options section of the Office of Student Accounts website.
Visiting students may purchase a parking permit for Winter Session by visiting the Parking Services office.
Location: Red Hawk Parking Deck, Level 1.
Please note: The Parking Services office is closed on December 25.
Students registered at Montclair State University are required to carry a valid Montclair State University ID Card while on campus. The MSU ID Card is necessary for such things as borrowing library materials, admittance into residence halls, dining facilities, computer labs, pool, gym, participating in student activities, and residence meal plans. Telephone: 973-655-4147
You can buy your textbooks, computers, software, clothing, supplies and more at the University Bookstore.
To purchase textbooks, visit the Bookstore, located on the firsts floor of the Student Center, Monday through Saturday, or you go online. Online ordering is easy and convenient if you know your class schedule and semester. Here’s how to order:
- Once you select the appropriate program and term, the bookstore website will help you select your department, course, and section.
- Once you select the right class, the site will display a list of required and recommended textbooks for that class.
- Put your books in your shopping cart and continue to order your books for each of your classes.
For more informaation, please contact the University Bookstore at 973-655-5460 or email@example.com.
Please see the links below for information relating to Canvas: