Come Home to New Jersey & Complete Your Education at Montclair State University
Montclair State University is a proud participant in the NJ Scholar Corps program, inviting New Jersey students who are studying out of state to come home, complete their studies, and help rebuild and revitalize their home communities and their home state.
The NJ Scholar Corps program is open to all New Jersey students currently studying at an accredited four-year, out-of-state university or college. As a New Jersey Scholar, you’ll participate in volunteer service activities to help rebuild our communities and get New Jersey’s economy back on track! You will get real, hands-on learning experience applying the work you’re doing in your degree program. You’ll help businesses, public organizations, and fellow New Jerseyans with the work of getting us restarted. Build your resume, work closely with faculty, and meet professionals in your field through this innovative opportunity.
Montclair State University is making it easy to come home to New Jersey:
- A streamlined transfer application process
- Guaranteed acceptance of all credits earned with a grade of C or better at an out-of-state institution
- Access to Montclair State’s many scholarship and financial aid programs
- Guaranteed on-campus housing in our residence halls and special-interest housing options
- The opportunity to participate in NJ Scholar Corps volunteer service activities to help rebuild our state, while gaining valuable hands-on experience as you work towards completing your degree here at home.
Join the NJ Scholar Corps and come home to New Jersey. Apply today.
Applying to Montclair State and the New Jersey Scholar Corp program is easy, just complete our streamlined application. You’ll be done in under 15 minutes, and there is no fee to apply.
- Make an account for our application software
- Select the “Fall 2+2 Partners and New Jersey Scholar Corps” application
- Your Start Term is “Fall 2020”
- Your Student Type is “Transfer”
- For “Where are you currently enrolled?” select “New Jersey Scholar Corps from the options available
- Complete the streamlined application
- Be sure to hit “Submit” when you’re done!
Once your application has been submitted, you’ll be able to see your application portal. Here, you can upload your transcripts. The institution where you’re currently enrolled will have to send us an official copy of your transcripts before the end of the summer, but an unofficial copy that you download from your current institution is just fine for now.
Not sure how to get us a transcript? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, and a member of the Admissions Team will reach out to you to help you with the next steps.
If you’re already receiving financial aid at your current institution, the process is easy! Just log into your FAFSA profile and add Montclair State University to the list of institutions you’d like to receive your FAFSA. Montclair State’s Federal School Code is 002617.
If you haven’t yet applied for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), apply today! Be sure to select Montclair State University as an institution you’d like to receive your FAFSA.
Once Montclair State receives your FAFSA, you will get access to your financial aid package within just a couple of business days. We’ll email you instructions for how to view it once it’s ready.
If you’re eligible for additional merit-based grants or scholarships, you will be notified at the time you receive your acceptance letter. No additional application or action on your part is required.
Do you have questions about financial aid? We have many virtual resources to help you navigate the financial aid process. Attend a Financial Aid & Student Accounts webinar or sign up for a one-on-one telecounseling session with a Financial Aid counselor.