- Recitals must not exceed 90 minutes in length, inclusive of any intermission. Intermissions must not exceed 10 minutes.
- You will have 30 minutes for a sound check starting one hour before your recital. The house will be opened 30 minutes prior to your scheduled recital start time.
- Recitals must always start on time, unless there is a need from production to hold. No exceptions.
- No encores permitted. House lights will come up at the conclusion of your final piece.
- No receptions allowed in the building.
- No cancellations are permitted unless there is an emergency approved by the Director. Recitals cancelled without approval will only be rescheduled in G55 or 201.
- All recital production requirements are subject to Production Manager’s approval.
Steps for scheduling your recital:
- Meet with your advisor to determine how many recitals (if any) are required to complete your degree.
- Find three dates* that you, your accompanist, and your instructor have available for your recital. Then meet with the Concert Manager (Martha Learner) to secure one of your dates. (If none are available, return to you teacher and accompanist to find alternatives. Return to Martha to secure a date.)
- When you have secured your date, Martha will give you a dated recital form. You will have 3 weeks to have your teacher sign your form and complete Step 4.
- Bring the signed recital form to the Production Manager (Phil Clifford) to discuss your anticipated program and any production needs. If approved, Phil will confirm your recital with you, your instructor, accompanist, the area coordinator, and the concert manager via email.
Failure to complete this process in time will result in losing access to Leshowitz Recital Hall. Your recital would then be restricted to 201 or G55. If at any time during this process you foresee any problems meeting your deadline, contact Phil and Martha via email. All recital communications must happen via official MSU email accounts only.
One scheduled two-hour dress rehearsal is permitted per recital. Speak to Martha to schedule your dress rehearsal after your recital is confirmed.