Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate Dean for Academic Affairs is expected to support the curriculum and assessment efforts of the college and its faculty and to assist in the hiring, mentoring, orientation and support of faculty. Specific responsibilities include:
- Supervise the College of Education and Human Services Assessment and Accreditation Coordinator, Grants Coordinator, and Director of the ADP Center for Learning Technologies.
- Facilitate, encourage, and guide all curriculum development, revision and approval in the College.
- Promote the scholarship and overall development of the faculty, including oversight of the Faculty Scholarship Program at the College and organizing professional learning opportunities for full-time and part-time faculty.
- Coordinate the recruitment and search processes for faculty.
- Play an active role in the mentoring and acculturation of new faculty, including planning the College's New Faculty Program sessions.
- Coordinate faculty reassigned time and monitor and approve academic personnel assignments.
- Manage internal grants programs for faculty.
- Serve as liaison to the Graduate School and the University Graduate Council.
- Oversee the allocation of graduate assistants.
- Oversee college committees including membership, appointment, and management.
- Serve as the College leader for all accreditation efforts and processes including acting as NCATE/CAEP Coordinator and representing the College in Middle States accreditation.
- Represent the Dean on appropriate committees including the Committee for University Effectiveness and the Teacher Education Policy Council as well as at University and outside functions
- Work collaboratively with the Center of Pedagogy and the Assessment and Accreditation Coordinator to provide leadership for Teacher Education within the College.
- Perform other duties as assigned.