Clubs & Organizations
Facts and Figures
Building on a distinguished history dating back to 1908, Montclair State University is a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The facts and figures below provide a glimpse at the University’s depth and breadth.
- 21,000 students
- 5,000+ students live on campus
- 78 percent of Montclair State students receive some form of grants, loans and/or scholarships
- 120 student clubs and organizations
- 130,000 alumni
- 17:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- 95 percent of faculty hold the highest degree in their field
- Average class size: 23
- 300 academic programs
- 11 colleges and schools
- 60+ countries with study-abroad program opportunities
- 18 NCAA Division III teams
- 289 All-Americans
- U.S. News & World Report listed Montclair State among the top 200 national universities in the country in its 2020 rankings, as well as No. 23 in Top Performers on Social Mobility, No. 121 in Best Colleges for Veterans and No. 79 among Top Public Schools.
- Montclair State’s graduate programs in education were ranked among the nation’s best in U.S. News & World Report’s 2020 Best Education Schools.
- Montclair State was named to the Campus Pride Top 30 LGBTQ-Friendly Colleges and Universities list in 2018.
- In 2018, Diverse: Issues in Higher Education named Montclair State a “Top Degree Producer” in its ranking of institutions that confer the most degrees to minority students.
- Forbes, Money, Washington Monthly includes Montclair State in rankings for affordability.
- Montclair State designated “Voter Friendly Campus;” earned a place on Washington Monthly’s list of “Best Colleges for Student Voting” in 2019.
College of the Arts
- One of the few colleges in the nation accredited by all four national arts-accreditation agencies
- BFA Dance program ranked in top 5 nationally by OnStage
School of Communication and Media
- Internships with Fortune 500 companies
John J. Cali School of Music
- Each year, the Cali School presents more than 300 performances and master classes by students, faculty and guest artists
College of Education and Human Services
- 30 school district partnerships available to Montclair State student teachers
- 100 percent of majors provide an internship, fieldwork or student teaching experience
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Offers 11 world languages
College of Science and Mathematics
- More than 80 percent of faculty engage in student-faculty research
Feliciano School of Business
- The Feliciano School of Business was included in the 2017 edition of “The Best 294 Business Schools” published by The Princeton Review.
- The MBA and Accounting programs of the Feliciano School of Business were both ranked in the top three out of 25 New Jersey institutions in the 2018 NJBIZ Reader Rankings.
The Graduate School
- 100 academic program areas
- Seven doctoral degree programs