Application period OPENS for NJ Mobile News Lab grants
The Center for Cooperative Media is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for mobile news innovation grants from our New Jersey media partners. All applications must be submitted by Nov. 30, 2016.
Once the submission period has ended, the Center will choose a short list from the applications we receive. Short-listed applicants will be invited to a special ideation event with leaders in mobile news and innovation, where they will receive detailed feedback on their ideas.
Following that ideation session, applicants will then be given an additional one-week window to incorporate the feedback they received, revise their applications, and re-submit them for final review and selection by the Center.
Three applications will be selected, and each applicant will receive a $5,000 mobile news innovation grant.
GRANTEE REQUIREMENTS AND OBLIGATIONS:
- Applicants must submit a proposal for an experiment involving mobile technology and news/information.
- The experiment must be viable within the financial terms of the grant; for example, if the applicant proposes a project that costs $20,000, that applicant must show they can finance the $15,000 balance once the $5,000 grant is awarded.
- Applicants must be a registered business in the state of New Jersey.
- Applicants must agree to regularly and publicly document the progress of their experiment over the course of 2017. Applicants will also need to submit a final status report at the end of the grant period.
- All the grant money will be distributed to grantees upon acceptance of their application.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO PROPOSALS THAT:
- Are aimed at actively engaging the audience of their news/information organization
- Will grow the business’s audience or revenue
- Aim to have a positive impact on the community
- Involve innovative and creative uses of existing technologies
- Involve partners or stakeholders of the Center for Cooperative Media
In addition to the mobile innovation grants, the Center will curate and distribute content a regular newsletter that will include updates on our efforts, the work of our partners and grantees, as well as industry trends and best practices in mobile innovation. Click here to sign up for the newsletter.
We will continue to work with all of our partners to better understand their concerns and find answers to their questions about mobile publishing and innovation. As always, we will continue to host events, workshops, and ideation sessions around related topics in mobile news and information. Event schedules will be posted on the NJ Mobile News Lab page, as well as on the Center’s event calendar.
If you have any questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.